Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

WE WON A SHOOT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D 

Managed to find the only pub in the area with more Colombia fans than England lol totally worth it in the end but my god those bricks I had to shit

Take it you're in Scotland then?! :P

This is far from the best England team I've ever seen (especially the midfield) but Southgate has created a togetherness and spirit I haven't seen for a long time. That alone could drag us through..

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Looking far too much into things if southgate didn’t think he had a part he wouldn’t put him in the 23 blimey... calm down 

I'm telling you, he's misusing Vardy. The guy is always isolated when he does play which is usually as a late sub. Why gloss over that?

Delighted, 

I thought we were unlucky that they equalised and felt the writing was on the wall after. It was worth going through extra time to get the penalties monkey off our backs.

Vardy really helped the team in extra time and maguire was the best defender.

Jesus H Christ.  My heart.  

Unbelievable.  Absolutely elated.

Shades of Argentina in 66.  Columbia were an absolute disgrace tonight.  Good to see that cheats never prosper.

I think there is much for us to improve upon.

Despite making the last eight.  The Lingard/Alli/Sterling experiment isn't working.  The amount of times we'll lose the ball or make the wrong decision in the final third is criminal. 

If we can sort that out....

For me it almost feels like the pressure if off.  Let's just go for it now.  Nothing to lose.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This is far from the best England team I've ever seen (especially the midfield) but Southgate has created a togetherness and spirit I haven't seen for a long time. That alone could drag us through..

They have a happy camp and that can go a long way, as we Leicester fans know very well

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Knowing me, knowing you is the best we can do...

• Like 1

Just now, stripeyfox said:

They have a happy camp and that can go a long way, as we Leicester fans know very well

Indeed mate.

We've been banging on for years about trying to create a club culture in the national side and Southgate has got the closest to it for ages. Doesn't feel like the old Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool splits of the past but a genuine team spirit instead.

Even if we lose to Sweden I say stick with GS and in 4 years we could be a real force to be reckoned with.

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Jesus H Christ.  My heart.  

Unbelievable.  Absolutely elated.

Shades of Argentina in 66.  Columbia were an absolute disgrace tonight.  Good to see that cheats never prosper.

I think there is much for us to improve upon.

Despite making the last eight.  The Lingard/Alli/Sterling experiment isn't working.  The amount of times we'll lose the ball or make the wrong decision in the final third is criminal. 

If we can sort that out....

For me it almost feels like the pressure if off.  Let's just go for it now.  Nothing to lose.

Agreed. And I don't understand why the pundits refuse to acknowledge that. Do United, Spurs and City have that much of a monopoly LOL?!!

Ok guys, no shopping in IKEA until next week, if their economy has a wobble they'll be distracted.

Just watching the news - What a story it would be if those kids stuck in the cave in Thailand can all escape and be guests of honour at the final. Lets wish them well and hope for a positive outcome.