Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

France v Argentina round of 16 match thread

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You know I’m talking purely for football reasons Max :P

But while you’re at it, don’t forget the Falklands :whistle:

Haha, fair play Muzz.

Few years back, I once sat speaking to an old dude in a pub, he must have been in his 90's I reckon. Can't even remember what the conversation was about but he said 'never forget the French are the real enemy' with such conviction, I've never forgotten it.

They're both loathsome footie teams if you're English so I don't really care if I'm honest.

Looks like France anyway from the start

7 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'll raise you 1066, 1215, 1294, 1300, 1496, 1522, 1542, many others and two separate hundred years wars.

And native Parisian's attitudes.

Come on Argentina.

Argentina have always been the Leeds of international football. Thuggish play and arrogant. Allez les Blues. 

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Ok so now you need a goal Jorge how are you going to score with no striker?

Retard.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

I’m sure he’s got his reasons but I can’t understand why he doesn’t play Aguero. Blokes mustard 

Are we talking about Sampaoli? Thought it was Messi who chose the team and tactics. lol

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Haha, fair play Muzz.

Few years back, I once sat speaking to an old dude in a pub, he must have been in his 90's I reckon. Can't even remember what the conversation was about but he said 'never forget the French are the real enemy' with such conviction, I've never forgotten it.

They're both loathsome footie teams if you're English so I don't really care if I'm honest.

Looks like France anyway from the start

Nah, I don’t really care either :D

But like Webbo said earlier, I slightly detest Argentina more.

• Like 1

Just now, ealingfox said:

Why has hating Argentina become so fashionable? Is it some kind of Brexit-inspired Falklands garbage?

Goes back to their captain Rattin at the ‘66 World Cup and then obviously Maradonnas cheating in 86 and Simone getting Beckham sent off in 98. Nothing to do with Falklands or Brexit imo - purely footballing reasons 

• Like 2

Just now, ealingfox said:

Why has hating Argentina become so fashionable? Is it some kind of Brexit-inspired Falklands garbage?

It's a famous football rivalry. It's like Leicester vs Forest. Unfortunately England are Forest. 

• Haha 2