Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

France v Argentina round of 16 match thread

1 minute ago, HereBeFoxes said:

I hate Danny Murphy. Just have to share that. As you were. 

Crackin goal though. 

Guy Mowbray as well "Sacre Bleu Hugo Lloris" fvcks sake bring back Barry Davies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Anyone from the UK who says their dislike of Argentina (or indeed France) isn't at least a little based on jingoism is lying IMO.

Cracking strike, makes the match interesting.

You don't share any club or national rivalry? You must be friends with everyone and everyone must like you.

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Rattin in 66 wouldn’t leave the pitch when sent off against us in the 1/4 final. Then he sat on the Queens red carpet and wouldn’t get off. Then he screwed up an England flag in his hand - no wonder Alf Ramsey wouldn’t let out lads swap shirts with them.

Maradonna admitted to cheating so he gets the full brunt of people’s hatred, not the ref or linesman.

Simione knew exactly what he was doing when he ruffled Beckams hair when he was down. Wanted a reaction, got one, and then went down like he’d been shot.

Nothing flimsy about any of that..

As I said, I don't see why someone my age should hate Argentina because of something that happened 30+ years before we were born. Like 20 year old lads today singing Ten German Bombers and songs about World War Two in the pub during England games, absolute embarrassment.

Do you think Lineker or any of the England players would have admitted to handling it? No chance, Lineker pretty much said so himself. They'd have all done the same thing. So would I, so would you.

Happens in football, you've got to not be an idiot. Beckham was an idiot. Vardy did similar to Nasri against Sevilla, do you hate him too?

EDIT - Poor maths from me :blush: I was in fact born before 1996. But the point remains.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Anyone who says their dislike of Argentina (or indeed France) isn't at least a little based on jingoism is lying IMO.

Cracking strike, makes the match interesting.

You support England based on patriotism, its your countries team even if it is currently not the best so of course you can dislike Argentina or France based on the fact we have history with them unless you're a bloody saint :P anyway, I want France to batter the fuchers, France are my sweepstake team :D

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As I said, I don't see why someone my age should hate Argentina because of something that happened 30+ years before we were born. Like 20 year old lads today singing Ten German Bombers and songs about World War Two in the pub during England games, absolute embarrassment.

Do you think Lineker or any of the England players would have admitted to handling it? No chance, Lineker pretty much said so himself. They'd have all done the same thing. So would I, so would you.

Happens in football, you've got to not be an idiot. Beckham was an idiot. Vardy did similar to Nasri against Sevilla, do you hate him too?

99q4b8.jpg

Edited by simFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, simFox said:

You don't share any club or national rivalry? You must be friends with everyone and everyone must like you.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I can't stand Arsenal or Spurs or Real or Barca amongst clubs and I really dislike most of the South American international teams, but the reasons for that aren't simply because I'm English/a Leicester fan or what has happened when those clubs or countries have played Leicester or England or any tribalistic instinct.

My point is I'm probably in the minority on that one when it comes to reasons.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

EDIT - Poor maths from me :blush: I was in fact born before 1996. But the point remains.

I never said you should hate Argentina. I don’t care who you love or hate.

Im just explaining why some of us of a certain age don’t like them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Image result for roger moore saint images

• Haha 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I can't stand Arsenal or Spurs or Real or Barca amongst clubs and I really dislike most of the South American international teams, but the reasons for that aren't simply because I'm English/a Leicester fan or what has happened when those clubs or countries have played Leicester or England or any tribalistic instinct.

Glad to see you come down from that moral high horse.

Now get back to hating Argentina. Plenty of time to dislike spurs later.

4 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

You support England based on patriotism, its your countries team even if it is currently not the best so of course you can dislike Argentina or France based on the fact we have history with them unless you're a bloody saint :P anyway, I want France to batter the fuchers, France are my sweepstake team :D

I support Leicester and England based on tribal/patriotic feeling, but just don't feel the need to dislike other places/teams for that same reason.

There's plenty of dislike, just not for that particular reason. I know other folks are different though, and fair enough.

1 minute ago, simFox said:

Glad to see you come down from that moral high horse.

Now get back to hating Argentina. Plenty of time to dislike spurs later.

lol

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Anyone from the UK who says their dislike of Argentina (or indeed France) isn't at least a little based on jingoism is lying IMO.

Nope

I was a teenager and mad on football when Maradonna denied England the chance to get to a WC semi final because he blatantly cheated and then admitted it. 

That hurt like hell back then and still does now.

Nothing jingoistic about that Mac

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'd like to think I'm one of the least jingoistic people you'll ever meet tbf and why do I hate England in sport? 

Because I support the country next door. 

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the English. I don't hate England. This is a great country and nearly all my friends are English, I love living here, it's one of the best places to live on earth. 

But it's just a sporting rivalry. I think claiming its based on jingoism is a bit over the top, I understand the sentiment you're talking about but I think most people are capable of identifying that it's just sport. 

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Nope

I was a teenager and mad on football when Maradonna denied England the chance to get to a WC semi final because he blatantly cheated and then admitted it. 

That hurt like hell back then and still does now.

Nothing jingoistic about that Mac

He bombed our gran's chippy too. No wait that was Jurgen Klimsmann. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Was just telling my son how rubbish Di Maria has been and that is sub him at half time. Then boom. What a nob!!!

All kids have to find out their Dad ain't perfect sometime mate. I took 20 quid off mine at 3 card brag when I was 14, that did it for me. Don't let it get you down. He'll get over it.