Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

France v Argentina round of 16 match thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd like to think I'm one of the least jingoistic people you'll ever meet tbf and why do I hate England in sport? 

Because I support the country next door. 

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the English. I don't hate England. This is a great country and nearly all my friends are English, I love living here, it's one of the best places to live on earth. 

But it's just a sporting rivalry. I think claiming its based on jingoism is a bit over the top, I understand the sentiment you're talking about but I think most people are capable of identifying that it's just sport. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Murphy just said that the Argentina tactics are fine but it's the personnel that aren't.

Load of bollocks. Messi has no-one to pass to going through the middle of the park. He's in a false nine and the wingers aren't making runs or can't find the space to. He needs a striker to play balls in to or link up with. Aguero and Higuain would be good enough cos they'd occupy defenders and stop Messi getting hounded.

As I say that, Argentina score, albeit fortunately. 

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Nope

I was a teenager and mad on football when Maradonna denied England the chance to get to a WC semi final because he blatantly cheated and then admitted it. 

That hurt like hell back then and still does now.

Nothing jingoistic about that Mac

Then I reckon you're in a minority Izzy.

I want to see France win this one for similar reasons, but also because I think they play filthy when losing and Maradona is an insufferable bigoted **** and teaching him some humility would be outstanding.

....shit.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd like to think I'm one of the least jingoistic people you'll ever meet tbf and why do I hate England in sport? 

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the English. I don't hate England. This is a great country and nearly all my friends are English, I love living here, it's one of the best places to live on earth. 

But it's just a sporting rivalry. I think claiming its based on jingoism is a bit over the top, I understand the sentiment you're talking about but I think most people are capable of identifying that it's just sport. 

I'd like to believe that Finn, I really would, but I'm honestly not sure that most people are capable of drawing the line between sport rivalry and jingoism.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Exactly this.

I had the pleasure of facilitating a coaching session on VC recently with a group of Tech Managers from Buenos Aries. A more lovely bunch of people you won’t meet and we all got on great.

But I dislike their national football team and hope they lose.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Murphy just said that the Argentina tactics are fine but it's the personnel that aren't.

Load of bollocks. Messi has no-one to pass to going through the middle of the park. He's in a false nine and the wingers aren't making runs or can't find the space to. He needs a striker to play balls in to or link up with. Aguero and Higuain would be good enough cos they'd occupy defenders and stop Messi getting hounded.

As I say that, Argentina score, albeit fortunately. 

He slagged Di Maria off prior to his goal and when he scored said something like 'I knew he'd shoot, I know of his quality'

What a bellend

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I never said you should hate Argentina. I don’t care who you love or hate.

Im just explaining why some of us of a certain age don’t like them.

Fair enough. I get as long as everyone slagging off Argentina is 52 or older than that's fine lol

Edited by ealingfox
  • Haha 1