Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Let's be honest....

We'll have to improve massively because that was a terrible game with 2 poor teams and a ref out of his depth.

Glad we manage to crawl over the finishing line because it was touch and go.

We really need to learn how to steer clear of incidents.

• Like 3

I hope we craphouse our way to winning the World Cup after a series of nil nils, because if the salty comments on Scottish football fans forums tonight is anything to go by, we will cause a massive series of Celtic Head Explosions.

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

We'll have to improve massively because that was a terrible game with 2 poor teams and a ref out of his depth.

We need to keep away from cheating bastard South American teams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I hope we craphouse our way to winning the World Cup after a series of nil nils, because if the salty comments on Scottish football fans forums tonight is anything to go by, we will cause a massive series of Celtic Head Explosions.

lol

Seriously, when you hate England, Colombia were wronged and England were the dirty team this evening:

Henderson headbutt. 

Sterling punch. 

Studs on Falcao’s head.  

McGuire dive.  

Lingaard dive (already booked)

Young over the top challenge. 

Aye Colombia were cheating right enough

lollollol

• Haha 3

Big improvements needed. 

First of all the ref was shite. Need one next time with a back bone. He was weak as ****.

Many aspects of our game were poor. Game management. See the game out. Keep the ball. Don't get involved in petulance.

Walker was very poor. Maguire was good. Sterling little better than previous but still needs to do more. Dier wasn't great. 

We have a great chance. Please take it

Obviously I want us to win it but I'm not convinced.

We scraped past Tunisia, battered a very poor Panama side, lost a reserve fixture against Belgium and finally got our long overdue slice of penalty shootout luck tonight.

I don't buy the love in for Southgate , bringing on Dier tonight and trying to just sit on a 1 goal lead for twenty minutes in the last 16 of the world cup just surrendered all momentum. Kane is seemingly all we've got up front, the country's second highest goal scorer can't play with him/doesn't suit our style and Sterling, Lingard, Alli just aren't weighing in.  We're going to meet more disciplined sides now and won't be getting so many soft penalty's.

We really need to step it up now. 

If we somehow get to the final we are going to need a massive slice of luck to get past any of the team's that comes through from the other half of the draw.

• Like 2

We were the better side let down by a lapse of concentration. We'll have to step it up against better opposition but it's already been a successful tournament compared to recent performances and expectations.

One concern of mine though is that we've struggled to score in open play besides a great strike and a freak deflection, I will concede that we've hardly had the chance to play on the counter though, where a considerable amount of goals have been scored.

Edited by Wookie

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Not a great game, but thought we showed more than any of the winning teams in the last 16, maybe except for France.

Thought Uruguay, Brazil, Belgium, and the three winning teams in our half of the draw were fairly average / poor at best. I accept we are always more critical of our own team, but the quality in this WC has been lacking. The big question is whether teams can step up a gear. I'd like to think we can, although the midfield with Alli misfiring is a worry. 

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Not a great game, but thought we showed more than any of the winning teams in the last 16, maybe except for France.

Thought Uruguay, Brazil, Belgium, and the three winning teams in our half of the draw were fairly average / poor at best. I accept we are always more critical of our own team, but the quality in this WC has been lacking. The big question is whether teams can step up a gear. I'd like to think we can, although the midfield with Alli misfiring is a worry. 

How Alli gets in the team I don’t know

oh yes I remember he plays for spuds. 

• Like 2

Teams are not walkovers. Belgium scraped by Japan. France have looked poor until their last game. Croatia looked extremely ordinary against Denmark. Brazil do look good tbf. Maybe England wil improve. I actually thought Colombia were worse than England. Barely offered an attacking threat in the first hour.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

How Alli gets in the team I don’t know

oh yes I remember he plays for spuds. 

Too many Spurs in this squad. it's an absolute liability.

We'll make it to the Final, only to finish third.

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

We are a bit short of attacking options other than Kane, and lacking in midfield creatively in particular Alli is way off his best. 

Southgate seems to be very similar to Puel in the way he wants them to play. Pick pacy attacking youngsters, then build up so slowly that the opponents defence is absolutely solid. There needs to be a bit more urgency in counter attacks. 

Still, we are still in it, and no team has looked entirely convincing. 

At this stage of the 2014 World Cup, Germany werent exactly firing on all cylinders and needed extra time v Algeria to get to the quarters.

It's rare that a team plays 7 or even 6 great games in a row in a world cup.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Livid said:

Obviously I want us to win it but I'm not convinced.

We scraped past Tunisia, battered a very poor Panama side, lost a reserve fixture against Belgium and finally got our long overdue slice of penalty shootout luck tonight.

I don't buy the love in for Southgate , bringing on Dier tonight and trying to just sit on a 1 goal lead for twenty minutes in the last 16 of the world cup just surrendered all momentum. Kane is seemingly all we've got up front, the country's second highest goal scorer can't play with him/doesn't suit our style and Sterling, Lingard, Alli just aren't weighing in.  We're going to meet more disciplined sides now and won't be getting so many soft penalty's.

We really need to step it up now. 

If we somehow get to the final we are going to need a massive slice of luck to get past any of the team's that comes through from the other half of the draw.

but your not allowed to criticise the national team after a win mate its all rosy...

on a serious note I agree 100%

• Like 1

I’m normally a happy clapper, but let’s be really, really honest and admit that we shithoused that win. Such a slow, ponderous build up and non existent midfield for much of the match. We’ll be found out for sure against either Brazil, Belgium, or France, and maybe even Croatia, unless there are huge improvements. First order of business should be to ditch Alli.

Anyway, well done England for breaking the penalties duck and making it to the quarters. For what it’s worth I thought Maguire was probably our best player and that Vardy managed to raise the level a bit in the second half of extra time, though he looks a little rusty to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m normally a happy clapper, but let’s be really, really honest and admit that we shithoused that win. Such a slow, ponderous build up and non existent midfield for much of the match. We’ll be found out for sure against either Brazil, Belgium, or France, and maybe even Croatia, unless there are huge improvements. First order of business should be to ditch Alli.

Anyway, well done England for breaking the penalties duck and making it to the quarters. For what it’s worth I thought Maguire was probably our best player and that Vardy managed to raise the level a bit in the second half of extra time, though he looks a little rusty to me.

Agree completely about Alli.  I just havent seen anything from him, the guy doesnt even challenge strongly for the ball

Loftus Cheek has shown better performances than Alli by far

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Agree completely about Alli.  I just havent seen anything from him, the guy doesnt even challenge strongly for the ball

Loftus Cheek has shown better performances than Alli by far

you could see he was bottling it, the other players carried him through all the talk of this bad boy Alli the guy is as soft as they come and was close to crumbling last night, persist with him at will

• Like 1