Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Let's be honest....

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

As much as I don't like Alli he does seem to turn up for the big games (Real Madrid, Chelsea) but he'd been missing anytime he's been on the pitch so far in this World Cup

He was off the pace, didn't look fully fit at all to me.

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I don’t like him at all really don’t, think others deserve their chance ahead of him at the moment

Not many fans of Alli on here really Bob. We don't have that many decent options but when he's as far off the pace as he was last night, there's always a better option I suppose. I'm not a fan but he gave his all for the cause and looked like he was carrying an injury to me. I'd agree that he should be replaced for Saturday. 

In the cold light of day (and sober), I can see there's a pretty strong argument for a couple of changes for Saturday at least.

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Teams are not walkovers. Belgium scraped by Japan. France have looked poor until their last game. Croatia looked extremely ordinary against Denmark. Brazil do look good tbf. Maybe England wil improve. I actually thought Colombia were worse than England. Barely offered an attacking threat in the first hour.

Well said. 

England fans have a low opinion of their own team. Colombia's tactics (defensive and referee baiting) were a backhand compliment to how England are rated. Every team we've faced as completely backed off us bar Belgium in that odd reserves game. 

We have a team what has the players who feared

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Not many fans of Alli on here really Bob. We don't have that many decent options but when he's as far off the pace as he was last night, there's always a better option I suppose. I'm not a fan but he gave his all for the cause and looked like he was carrying an injury to me. I'd agree that he should be replaced for Saturday. 

In the cold light of day (and sober), I can see there's a pretty strong argument for a couple of changes for Saturday at least.

Yes indeed I agree @Max Wall 

:englandsmile4wf:

30 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I was definitely wrong about Southgate, thought he’d be just another yes man but he’s proved to be thorough in his preparation and has created a good mood in the camp, comes across well in interviews as well.

Still picks the same players from the same “big” clubs though irrespective of form etc which is very irritating 

to be balance about this I think he is the best England manager we have had for a while in fairness and I am completely 100 per cent for only picking English England managers

15 hours ago, davieG said:

We'll have to improve massively because that was a terrible game with 2 poor teams and a ref out of his depth.

Glad we manage to crawl over the finishing line because it was touch and go.

We really need to learn how to steer clear of incidents.

How does one steer clear of getting headbutted in the chin?

Colombia dragged us down to their level.

They likely would have seen taking it to penalties as a good result.

Shoot outs are a lottery and it matters not if you are the better team.

This time, we had the luck.

Im sure sweden will be another gut wrenching episode:frantics:

19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

How does one steer clear of getting headbutted in the chin?

By not over egging the affect by falling down and clutching part of your face which was not hit. By most of the players surrounding the ref, let the other team do that  show some class and walk away from incidents. 

• Like 1

Germany in 2014 and Spain in 2010 weren't particularly great, obviously better than we are but I think expectations are wildly off. The only game in which one of the favourites has looked comfortable was France against an abysmal Argentina team. Colombia defended well and would have given anybody a difficult game. We should be creating more but we're better at countering teams rather than having the majority of the ball, defensively we've been impressive so far and I'd imagine moestteams aren't looking forwards to playing us.

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

By not over egging the affect by falling down and clutching part of your face which was not hit. By most of the players surrounding the ref, let the other team do that  show some class and walk away from incidents. 

I agree to your general point of rising above it but I also think anyone pointing any of the blame at England last night is stretching it a little.  Under the circumstances I think we handled it very well.  X

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree to your general point of rising above it but I also think anyone pointing any of the blame at England last night is stretching it a little.  Under the circumstances I think we handled it very well.  X

We'll have to agree to disagree then because we were also over doing any fouls, continually bombarding the ref, asking for VAR and all sorts of other histrionics so we contributed to the whole situation and in such a volatile situation it could have led to an England player being sent off for a minor infringement. Apart from all the obvious risks it does nothing for the reputation of the England  team and its management.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then because we were also over doing any fouls, continually bombarding the ref, asking for VAR and all sorts of other histrionics so we contributed to the whole situation and in such a volatile situation it could have led to an England player being sent off for a minor infringement. Apart from all the obvious risks it does nothing for the reputation of the England  team and its management.

You are right, we disagree.  I honestly think we handled things well.  I had a number Scottish friends cheering us on because of the tactics of Columbia which I can never remember in all my life so I think we clearly must have been better than you assert in terms of behaviour.  Anyway, never mind, disagreement is good and I respect your opinion.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Still picks the same players from the same “big” clubs though irrespective of form etc which is very irritating 

to be balance about this I think he is the best England manager we have had for a while in fairness and I am completely 100 per cent for only picking English England managers

Yes he does but he’s not really spoilt for choice, his team he puts out is pretty much the best team for the way he wants to play, at least Harry gets a game, it’s difficult to think of many players who’d warrant a spot in the squad.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

To be fair not many teams have played free following football.

Of the last eight, only Brazil, France and Uruguay have looked convincing

Sweden, required a luck deflection to beat Switzerland.

Belgium scrap passed Japan by sticking in the mixer and having the big boys on.

Us, Russia and Coatia won on penaltes after playing poorly.

I think it's wide open! 

17 hours ago, davieG said:

now now davieG,..you and I know with our trusty friends Biggles and Sherlock,we are just fighting a lost cause.

mind you,it would of been great to see an England player,square up,and down a couple of them,walk and accept the red card,and kicked 2 more on the the way off,

then deck a couple of their coaches,for good measure.

being a good ol` English gent and being so wise and virteous,can be sometimes  a struggle .

but I will one day find that holy grail...You wait,!!   then I will deck everyone who crosses me. :yahoo:

On 03/07/2018 at 23:52, davieG said:

We'll have to improve massively because that was a terrible game with 2 poor teams and a ref out of his depth.

Glad we manage to crawl over the finishing line because it was touch and go.

We really need to learn how to steer clear of incidents.

we are English..Incidents are our thing,its simply what we do..!!