Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Huh? Our main target to replace a world class player is someone who has only ever played in the Scottish premier league which is about league 2 standard????

think your mistaken.

It’s not ideal but from all the links and ITK knowledge the only really credible rumour has been Roberts tbh.

Anderson, Malcom, etc was all paper talk. Sounds like Alireza was too.

Hopefully we have someone lined up under the radar 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Any links confirming he gone Brighton 

Nope lol there is a photoshopped picture of him at their stadium going round, and a couple of social media 'hints' linking him to both clubs, but that's as far as it goes what I can tell

1 minute ago, simon789us said:

Any links confirming he gone Brighton 

No. He will sign for LCFC don’t worry. All this is just mind games to get the best deal possible. If he chooses Brighton it will be a very bad move for him and the chance to get relegated is highly more possible. I have a feeling he will sign for you guys. Cheers

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

It’s not ideal but from all the links and ITK knowledge the only really credible rumour has been Roberts tbh.

Anderson, Malcom, etc was all paper talk. Sounds like Alireza was too.

Hopefully we have someone lined up under the radar 

Mainstream papers never said we was in for him

local papers where journalists are probably members here and Htc shite 

Edited by HankMarvin

18 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

No. He will sign for LCFC don’t worry. All this is just mind games to get the best deal possible. If he chooses Brighton it will be a very bad move for him and the chance to get relegated is highly more possible. I have a feeling he will sign for you guys. Cheers

If he signs for you he may pull in more of a crowd and you could hit 5,000?

39 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Are we really that bothered lol ?

you really think he was going to replace or half replace what Mahez did for us at his best?

lets just make the assumption we are holding out for the perfect replacement.

if we want a player we won’t lose out to anyone other than the top 4/5/6

Cya

Not at all, said the same all along. Not convinced, nothing stood out about him and he runs weird!

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

It is a shame as it’s a player that I wanted; but we net to have a look at ourselves if we’re criticising Brighton.  Yes we’re a bigger club, but they’re not small fruit and our ambitious too.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll go for somebody the media hasn’t yet picked up on; John Percy will tweet nearly done deal and then it will complete in the space of a day.  We’ve just got to be patient.

I love the social media transfer chat as much as anybody, but years ago we only found out initially through ceefax; so the surprise element of transfers has generally completely gone 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

His signing for Leicester 

“He looks quality”

”great goals”

”nice shot on him”

24 hours later

his signing for Brighton

”looks shit”

”not good enough for us”

”looks average”

I’ve always thought he looked average, really dont give a fvck what other teams are interested I just want good players that have the potential to move our club forward. I could be wrong but off what I’ve seen personally, I think we should be aiming a little higher if we really want to push on. 

And the ‘he’s better than the other targets’ is just a cop out and a quick line to mid table mediocrity/bottom half battles. 

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not at all, said the same all along. Not convinced, nothing stood out about him and he runs weird!

He can run like a great ape for all I care, as long as he scores and assists. Running weird is an odd thing to pitch against him. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brighton have been after him for a long while but he has previously turned them down. We sometimes get long term targets due to our persistence so they could well get him.

I’d imagine we would offer him more wages..