Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Ryan Loft

5 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Let's not write him off. We signed Drinkwater, Simpson, Lingaard, and Kane from top English clubs, whether permanently or on loan, and look how they turned out.

And not forgetting we signed ‘others’ from Top Portuguese and Russian Clubs and look how they turned out.....

So agree, let’s not write off before he has played at least 10 minutes as this will confuse some FT members.

He was  a big strong lad at 16-18 years old who plays like an old fashioned centre forward (ie power and aerial threat).

Was quite effective as a young player 16-18 when he was bigger and stronger than other academy lads but not sure how he has developed these past 2-3 years?

Will no doubt be very well suited to Beagleholes root-one hoofball U23s tactics and will act as a good replacement for Josh Gordon who used to similarly 'bully' younger inexperienced U23 opposition defences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

He was  a big strong lad at 16-18 years old who plays like an old fashioned centre forward (ie power and aerial threat).

Was quite effective as a young player 16-18 when he was bigger and stronger than other academy lads but not sure how he has developed these past 2-3 years?

Will no doubt be very well suited to Beagleholes root-one hoofball U23s tactics and will act as a good replacement for Josh Gordon who used to similarly 'bully' younger inexperienced U23 opposition defences.

If we are replacing Gordon why did we give him a new contract? Or is he playing alongside Gordon so Eppiah can go out on loan?

1 minute ago, brucey said:

If we are replacing Gordon why did we give him a new contract? Or is he playing alongside Gordon so Eppiah can go out on loan?

Gordon is 24 this season so im not sure if he will be eligible for U23s next season? if he is eligible as an overage player, he wont get much game time as these slots are normally reserved for 1st team players needing game time.

Suspect reason he was given a 1 year extended deal was due to the fact that we can now sell him on as opposed to releasing him on a free as I gather there was interest from lower league clubs in the January transfer window but LCFC didn't want to let him go at that time while they still had a chance of winning the U23 title.  I think the contract was all about making some money back when we release him as I doubt he will ever get anywhere near our 1st team...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Surely that's got to change, if that's the case. Not much use when our first team manager has a completely different approach.

Some great puns on here, I loft out loud at several of them.

As he was a free transfer it would seem there's no cellar involved.

I saw some of his best moments on some footage from a well known sports channel, I enjoyed Lofts Sky-Highlights and truss you'll find them riveting too.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Jesus.

Four pages of loft puns.  Not much info about the player.

If ever sign a player with a name like "Fish" or "Cheese" you lot will go crackers.

It's a bit like killing two birds with one scone..

I rejoist this when I heard we’d signed him in this window. He’s taken a while to climb the ladder but I’m sure loft’s hatched a plan to get to the highest level and there’ll be beaming fans packed to the rafters when he floors the opposition. The board will get plastered when he scores the winning goal in the fa Cup and he’ll no doubt get a contract extension.

• Haha 2