Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Managers: Jimmy Bloomfield, 1971-1977

The mans a legend. When he was at orient and we played them to win div 2. On our coach and a road was blocked. He was following us pointing directions to the coach park. He followed us in came and wished us luck. But added its not a free game. One of the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legend........ simple as that.

Best footballing team I've ever seen in the shirt of Leicester.

He really doesn't get appreciated for what he did for us 71-77.

Died to young 63..... RIP  Jimmy 

And thankyou for fond memories

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:

Best footballing manager i have seen at leicester, Just a couple of players  short of winning the league a real nice guy always had time for the fans 

A real Leicester Legend and glad i was around to watch is football.

This.

Fvcking this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

Best footballing team I've ever seen in the shirt of Leicester.

1 hour ago, Kegworthfox said:

Best footballing manager i have seen at leicester

Where were you guys during Leicester's 2015-16 season when the club EPL against the odds of 5000-1 with Claudio Ranieri in charge?

----------------------

Having said that, Bloomfield is a great club legend and will be forever remembered.

RIP

Edited by MisterFoxKillen

Agree with everything said above. That’s the Leicester City team I watched as a boy and fell in love with. 

Absolute disgrace that we sacked him and appointed Mclintock. 

Went from regular top 10 finishes and great football to the second division. 

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 2

I guess it’s a bit like your first girlfriend. You never forget. And you never quite have the same feeling for anyone else ever again. That period was my ‘first love’ and it still makes my heart race reading that article............ if only my current partner had that effect !!  ? 

I saw every home match between that 1971 Charity Shield match and the end of the 1975 season (and plenty of aways). Also went to every round of the epic 1974 FA Cup run. Great days to be a teenager. Tank tops and scarves round the wrists.

Jimmy gave us the best team the world had ever seen (and I really meant that when I sung it in the Kop).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

Where were you guys during Leicester's 2015-16 season when the club EPL against the odds of 5000-1 with Claudio Ranieri in charge?

----------------------

Having said that, Bloomfield is a great club legend and will be forever remembered.

RIP

15/16 Was the perfect storm look at the dross in the league the following season.When the same manager implemented his own style.

What CR did was unbelievable but that don't mean we have never had a better manager. MON did it over four seasons 3 cup finals and 2 wins. Yes MON didn't win the league but he never looked like taking us down.

20 hours ago, MisterFoxKillen said:

----------------------

RIP

Read my profile buddy.

Having said that, where were you in 1971-1977   :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Kegworthfox said:
  1. did we not have the 4 w's whitworth worthington Weller and wallington playing for England if my memory serves me right ?

Not Wallington - he made a couple of appearances for the under 23s I think

Edited by mikey54