Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Hart I feel sorry for

7 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

I dont. He's been paid top whack to be Man City's goalie for years and had been held in high esteem in the England setup despite being absolute carp from Pirlo's 2012 penalty shootout onwards, 2014 he was an absolute liability grasping at air like his back had gone out when Suarez nodded it back across and dove out of the way of the ball for the second in that match, then we get onto Euro 2016 where he showed he cannot defend his near post with Bale embarrassing him twice and against Iceland where he let a tame ball roll through his grasp. At club football from Man City onwards has been a horror show, he had the balls to have a go in a different country but he was calamatous every other week, then he comes back and again horror show for West Ham - dropped for Adrien after months of ballsing it.

He had his chance, he had his great moment at Man City, he blew it. He advertised shampoo, he started to go bald.

Totally agree with this. He's average at best.

The measure of a goalkeeper is how few mistakes you make. He is cocnsistently making howlers over a long period of time.

He's really not decent at all now. People moan about Kasper making too many clangers you'd be in for a treat with this guy. Confident or not he's a liability now and that's proven over 2/3 years at Torina and West Ham. 

Edited by Adster

Whilst Hart has had his share of howlers, he's always been a good shot stopper in general and has pulled off some pretty incredible saves at times. I reckon the two probably just about balance each other out in his career so far (I'm sure plenty will disagree) and he remains a decent keeper at this level.

The major problem is that mistakes are likely to become more prevalent as he ages and are likely to tip the scales in the wrong direction now.

I'm not sure what Pep was supposed to do. It did seem really harsh the way it was dealt with but it was used as Guardiola's battle cry when stamping his authority on the club quickly. The move abroad simply didn't work out because he didn't play well but his confidence was likely to have been at a low ebb.

Personally, I've no ill will towards Hart and hope his next move works out for him.

Guest Harrydc
5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

There's more to life than money. I'm pretty sure he'd rather actually play games.

If he'd rather play games and life isn't about money he'd take a huge pay cut and drop down to the championship 

It he looked a good keeper when first came on the scene but became too big headed and too naive. For me the only way I think someone like Joe Hart can try and kick start his career again as such is look at what he done before and look to go abroad. There's no premier league club that wants him and no championship club will be able to afford him, perhaps a move to the German or Dutch league may help him. Not maybe of their big names but one there like mid table clubs over their. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

3 hours ago, Harrydc said:

If he'd rather play games and life isn't about money he'd take a huge pay cut and drop down to the championship 

But if he's got ambitions of playing for England then he'll want a top division club.

Guest Harrydc
3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But if he's got ambitions of playing for England then he'll want a top division club.

Then he needs to up his game ?... 

Short on confidence, needs to work on some of the basics. Can still turn it around and I think he's still Premier League quality.

I'm not saying he's on my wishlist, but you can do a lot worse in goal than with Joe Hart.

Howlers come and howlers go, Schmeichel is no stranger to those...

On 22/07/2018 at 02:59, SpazticChicken said:

I dont. He's been paid top whack to be Man City's goalie for years and had been held in high esteem in the England setup despite being absolute carp from Pirlo's 2012 penalty shootout onwards, 2014 he was an absolute liability grasping at air like his back had gone out when Suarez nodded it back across and dove out of the way of the ball for the second in that match, then we get onto Euro 2016 where he showed he cannot defend his near post with Bale embarrassing him twice and against Iceland where he let a tame ball roll through his grasp. At club football from Man City onwards has been a horror show, he had the balls to have a go in a different country but he was calamatous every other week, then he comes back and again horror show for West Ham - dropped for Adrien after months of ballsing it.

He had his chance, he had his great moment at Man City, he blew it. He advertised shampoo, he started to go bald.

It has always puzzled me when evaluating the mentality and general well being of professional footballers this is always the first thing that thrown at them.

There is more to life than money and just because someone has it doesn't make mean everyone with less of it cannot show them a bit of Empathy.