Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Hart I feel sorry for

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It has always puzzled me when evaluating the mentality and general well being of professional footballers this is always the first thing that thrown at them.

There is more to life than money and just because someone has it doesn't make mean everyone with less of it cannot show them a bit of Empathy.

It's not a personal matter, I don't dislike him as a person and I'm not judging him with anything to do outside of football.

But he is a footballer and a rather highly rated one who was paid more money than his talent deserved and he let his country down by being a complete liability(not that any other player wasn't) and taking up space of others who probably would have done better. My comments and opinion is more frustration motivated and directed at the analytically deficient press, coaches and just people who backed Hart for years despite the fact he had clearly lost it post 2012, he kept getting picked when we had Fraser Forster who pre knee implosion was the better, more consistent and stable but everyone stood by Hart, backed him, paid him, sucked him off despite being terrible.

It was the same with Rooney; 350kpw(before Nike & other direct sponsorship), scored tapins against Moldova/Andorra/Montenegro/Bulgaria for fun, did nothing of note in important matches post 2004, media ate sh** out of his a**e despite him telling the fans it was their fault in 2010 why he couldn't play above dire against Algeria while the whole team built to suit him because he was Uniteds golden boy and he might, might maybe come good - he never did and we're now stuck with his record disgracing the English all time record goalscorer charts, which needs to be seen by any footballer who grew up watching England in that time who makes it into the setup as something that needs to be taken down asap, even if it's Kane, great! Golden Boot > anything Rooney did for England.

I completely reject the media's notion of 'pressure' on the England team of 08-16 too, completely ridiculous. They're in their own bubble, the elite professional football world; nations like Brazil, Germany, Argentina played under stratospheric amounts of national expectations and pressure compared to the England team of the time and still cut the mustard when it mattered against substandard opponents and didn't whine or complain when it didn't go their way. It was a mental deficiency of the players and/or coaching staff, with the media bigging themselves up to have more impact than they do. We were crap and the evidence was all there infront of us the whole time.

His confidence is shot to bits. No doubting he was a fantastic keeper 5/6 years ago and he still makes the odd world-class save, but far too many errors.

He's going to have to swallow his pride and take a smaller wage packet if any decent PL club will take a punt on him.