Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your starting 11 for Manu AT THE MOMENT!

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

United Starting XI.png

This is presuming Vardy and Slab Head will be available for the first match, they're experience enough to slot straight in.

I’d go with this also but if Vardy isn’t fit I’d play Nacho . The only possible one I’d change is Silver for Mendy but Silver just  edges it for me at the moment 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Kasper

Simpson -- Evans -- Maguire -- Fuchs

Perrira -- Ndidi -- Silva -- Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Don't want to get hammered.

Then perhaps we should put a couple of wingers in there rather than two left backs and two right backs!

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Although I'm not convinced PueI will, I think our squad is best suited to play 3-5-2/5-3-2. I would worry about being attacked down the flanks though.

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Evans 

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Bench: Ward, Amartey, Choudhury, Albrighton, Iborra, Gray, Musa.

Morgan must have some serious dirt on this football club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Morgan is the captain. Do you think Puel will not play the captain?

I think the captain will play no matter what.

If he does play, then Puel simply has to go.  Wes is no longer a viable option.  If Puel cannot see this, then I seriously worry about the future of our Club.

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

United Starting XI.png

This is presuming Vardy and Slab Head will be available for the first match, they're experience enough to slot straight in.

Thanks for confirming that, despite my vanity convincing me otherwise, I need glasses. Not only can I not read a single name on there. Their faces also seem blurred.

What's this prevalent fascination with playing three centre-backs that some seem to have?

We haven't got enough centre-backs to play three at the same time efficiently. Maguire, Morgan and Evans starting at the same time? God help me, but any formation and any starting line-up with Morgan in it gives me the instant creeps.

He may have deserved captain status (or vice-captain, if he's not playing regularly), but with only Maguire and Evans as our two main centre-backs, I can't see it working with either Benalouane (who might still be off this summer), Johnson (who's more of a right-back with that posture and height of his), Amartey (who's done best at right-back for us), Fuchs (who is no centre-back, I'm afraid) or Josh Knight (who's still too young to fill that role).

We'd still have to sign another centre-back who'd fit that system (Djené?).

Three at the back is a nonsense idea that I can't see happening the way we are set up right now as a squad and the way Puel has set up his formation in the past three friendlies, which were all a 4-2-3-1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

What's this prevalent fascination with playing three centre-backs that some seem to have?

We haven't got enough centre-backs to play three at the same time efficiently. Maguire, Morgan and Evans starting at the same time? God help me, but any formation and any starting line-up with Morgan in it gives me the instant creeps.

He may have deserved captain status (or vice-captain, if he's not playing regularly), but with only Maguire and Evans as our two main centre-backs, I can't see it working with either Benalouane (who might still be off this summer), Johnson (who's more of a right-back with that posture and height of his), Amartey (who's done best at right-back for us), Fuchs (who is no centre-back, I'm afraid) or Josh Knight (who's still too young to fill that role).

We'd still have to sign another centre-back who'd fit that system (Djené?).

Three at the back is a nonsense idea that I can't see happening the way we are set up right now as a squad and the way Puel has set up his formation in the past three friendlies, which were all a 4-2-3-1.

Like I said in my post, I don't think Puel will play 3 at the back, but I went for it because I feel Pereira and Chilwell are better suited as wing-backs. If we can bring in another quality CB I think it would suit us perfectly.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Morgan is the captain. Do you think Puel will not play the captain?

I think the captain will play no matter what.

I think he could be club captain without playing.

I don't think he's good enough for us now but he really doesn't seem much worse than Evans.

2 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Maguire will not be here..

Maintain ignore.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Then I quit football. 

There's always a silver lining.

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

N'didi

Maddison

Gray

Nacho

Allbrighton

Vardy

...not to sure why people are including Musa in the team playing on the wing. He is best as a lone striker and with Vardy hear he has no chance of playing that role.

He nearly always plays on the wing. He played on the wing in the world cup, he played on the wing today. It's because of his speed that people are putting him in the team. He runs fast and cuts in or crosses. 

46 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Image result for manu tuilagi

Bit unfair of people to put 11 men against him.

We'd still lose - if he wasn't injured as often as Matty James.

I think most of those starting 11's look pretty decent actually.

People panicking about recruitment but I think we're in good shape.

Can't see the drama in it all meself...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Kasper

Pereira

Chilwell

Maguire

Evans

Morgan

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Okazaki

Vardy

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Kasper

Perreira

Chilwell

Maguire

Evans

Morgan

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

Use Musa and Okazaki as impact subs

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

GK: Kasper

RWB: Perreira

CB: Morgan

CB: Slab Head

CB: Evans

LWB: Chilwell

CM: N’Didi

CM: Silva

AMF: Maddison

ST: Nacho

ST: Vardy

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Schmeichel

Pereira Evans Maguire Fuchs Chilwell

Ndidi Iborra

Maddison

Vardy Slimani

Man U have a team of players over 7ft so we need height.

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Presuming we have the same squad

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire

Ricardo                       Chilwell

Ndidi        Mendy 

Maddison 

Iheanacho    Vardy

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Although I'm not convinced PueI will, I think our squad is best suited to play 3-5-2/5-3-2. I would worry about being attacked down the flanks though.

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Evans 

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Bench: Ward, Amartey, Choudhury, Albrighton, Iborra, Gray, Musa.

So after watching us play 4 at the back for the last few years and all of pre-season you'd all go 3 at the back against Utd?

:wes:

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, toddybad said:

So after watching us play 4 at the back for the last few years and all of pre-season you'd all go 3 at the back against Utd?

:wes:

Well Morgan is definitely playing and he needs all the help he can get. By the time he has turned his body we could have 2 players already running back.

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well Morgan is definitely playing and he needs all the help he can get. By the time he has turned his body we could have 2 players already running back.

Not sure why he needs to. Surely Maguire will still be fit even after 3/4 weeks off? Better that than Wes I'm afraid to say. 

4-2-3-1

Schmeichel - who else?

Pereira - Simo not fit and not suited to what Puel wants from this new system

Evans

Maguire - both need to get together and play, I think we’ll see less of Morgan this season, similar to Simo not quite suited to Puels system but as a CB you can kinda get away with it.

Chillwell - Fuchs looks like he has declined a fair bit, I’m hoping this is a season Chillwell steps up and a better all rounder.

Ndidi - Guarenteed

Mendy - looks really good in preseason so far, busy in the midfield and looks decent with the ball. I’d like to see Silva in games where we are likely to dominate.

Gray - As with Chillwell, I hope he takes it up a notch this season.

Maddison - we’ve lost Mahrez who owned the right side of the of the pitch for us, now it looks we have a genuine player who can control the middle and give us a much better balance when we go forward. It’s his first season in prem but he stands out massively in the preseason so far.

Albrighton - look forward seeing him on the right in front of a player of Pereira’s quality... also can help him out defending as he always does.

Vardy - With Maddison in the team I can see a lot more through balls and passes down the channel for Vards... looking forward to see how Maddison and Vardy work together.

• Like 3

This is a tough one. Can't afford to skimp on defense against Man United. Diabate looked surprisingly poor in both preseason games, which narrows the options for wide players. Iheanacho is coming into his own and is one of the few goal scorers who plays well alongside Vardy. How about this 4-4-2 ?

Schmeichel 

Periera      Maguire      Evans      Chilwell

Albrighton      Ndidi      Maddison      Gray

Vardy    Iheanacho

• Like 1