Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your starting 11 for Manu AT THE MOMENT!

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, toddybad said:

So after watching us play 4 at the back for the last few years and all of pre-season you'd all go 3 at the back against Utd?

:wes:

Yes. Read the thread. It's what we'd start.

If you want to me to put what I think Puel will start it's very different. 

I did read the thread.

You've looked at things and decided that, despite our entire pre-season being geared towards 4-2-3-1 you'd rip that up with two weeks to go and train the squad to play 3 at the back, starting at Old Trafford.

I mean, it's a ballsy approach. 

Probably not what the experts would suggest but we've all had enough of them, haven't we?

Much better to go out there and do our own thing.

Anybody that doesn't believe we can switch to 3 at the back with 14-days notice is just doing us down.

Edited by Guest

Kasper

Pereira     Evans     Maguire     Chilwell

Ndidi     Silva

Gray     Maddison    Diabate/Bailey/Ziyech/T.Hazard/Bernard/Bernie

Vardy

Fully expect the World Cup lot to be fit. Pereira/Siva only played one game and Vardy had very limited game time. Maguire will have something to prove after signing his new megacontract.

3-1 to City. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, FIF said:

There have been some interesting pre-season performances. We've made a few signings and Mahrez has gone. 

I'm interested to see your starting 11's for the Manure game without any further signings being made and understanding that we're still 2 weeks away from the first game.

As much as you'll slate me I'm interested in putting Musa out on the RW/M. Speed frightens teams and he has it.

So here's my suggestion :

Kasper

Perreira

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Maddison

Musa

Iheanacho

Vardy

I still think that we are too weak defensively and need to get in another CB. I think for Perreira and Chilwell to be a success we really need 3 at the back. I think we have the attacking options, if they get the service and Maguire, Mendy and Maddison can all ping passes forwards and Perreira, Chilwell and Musa can all cross the ball.

As the season progresses I think that Hamza, Amartey and Hughes/Knight should begin to play in the first team after starting the season on the bench. I'd even consider playing Amartey in a back 3 with Maguire and Lascelles if we signed him.

I hope we don't see Morgan, Simpson or Benny trying to play passes from the back or even on the pitch this season. They kill the style we're working towards.

So who do you think should be starting the first game?

You really want to play Mendy?That guy was on OGC Nice bench last season.Better play Iborrra,he adds an aerial threat for us from open play.Iheanacho will be too static against possesion based teams like Manu.It will be better to have an extra man in midfield rather than Iheanacho

Edited by Kshitij yadav
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Kshitij yadav said:

You really want to play Mendy?That guy was on OGC Nice bench last season.Better play Iborrra,he adds an aerial threat for us from open play.Iheanacho will be too static against possesion based teams like Manu.It will be better to have an extra man in midfield rather than Iheanacho

FIF”s team selections reflect his usual relative poor performances on Superbru. He really doesn’t have much clue tbf.

You’re spot on. We play 3 strikers against Utd, we’ll be pummeled. Our best chance is to fill up the midfield.

KS

Simpson   Maguire   Evans      Fuchs

Iborra  Ndidi

Perreira       Maddison      Albrighton/Chillwell

Vardy

Spot on.  I think he'll flood the midfield and double up the fullbacks. Vardy will be doing the bleep test for 90 minutes whilst everyone else sits in and presses around the halfway line. I don't think it will be as exciting or open as the first game of last season.

4 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

KS

Pereira Maguire Evans Chilwell

Silva Ndidi

Gray Madison Albrighton

Vardy

If Maguire and Vardy aren't ready then Morgan and Ihenacho in their places.

Given the lack of links to a Mahrez replacement, I agree that this looks like being Puel's starting line up. Personally, I'd probably plump for Iborra over Silva, though, as his height will be handy against their 'land of the giants' team. 

Kasper

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

Gray

Wilf

Iborra

Albrighton

Maddison

Iheanacho

Not sure Vardy will be fully fit after the knock he picked up at the World Cup, and I’m not sure that any of our current CM’s are really good enough to partner Wilf in a 2, Iborra is often too slow and Silva still seems shot of confidence. 

We desperately need a new winger, a new CM (provided we offload a couple first) and another CB - I’m not convinced that we’re all that good at LB either. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given the lack of links to a Mahrez replacement, I agree that this looks like being Puel's starting line up. Personally, I'd probably plump for Iborra over Silva, though, as his height will be handy against their 'land of the giants' team. 

Iborra for me

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Pereira 

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell 

Ndidi

Iborra

Gray

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

I really hope we bring in a left winger before the season starts. I think Gray and Albrighton could be more effective on the right and I'd be happy to give them the opportunity to kick on there. Diabate doesn't look up to much this summer. A top quality left winger, and I'll be pretty happy with what we've got.

If Morgan starts the season as first choice CB, I'll be appalled.

The thought of Morgan/Evans is terrifying me to be honest. Essential that we get another quality CB in before Aug 9th and keep Maguire. However I can see:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Iborra

Gray

Maddison 

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Albrighton, Musa, Vardy. 

I think JV should not be rushed back as question marks over his groin at WC. I would ease him back and give Nacho man a chance to lead the line with Gray and Maddison in support. Keep it tight central with width coming from our full backs pushing on. (How refreshing to say that!) 

26 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

GK. Barrington Hales

LB. Barrington Hales

RB. Barrington Hales

CB. Barrington Hales

CB. Barrington Hales

LW. Barrington Hales

RW. Barrington Hales

CM. Barrington Hales

CM. Barrington Hales

FW. Barrington Hales

FW. Barrington Hales

:giggle:

With the current line up.......

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi Silva

Gray  Maddison  Abrighton

Vardy

Happy with all of it apart from a top quality winger.  X

I honestly don’t think either Vardy or Maguire will be ready for this game considering they’re yet to return to training. So assuming we don’t bring anymore in, this is what I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Pereira

Evans

Morgan

Chilwell

N’didi

Iborra

Maddison

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Gray

Leicester City boss Claude Puel has decided team he wants to face Manchester United in Premier League opener

Claude Puel says he knows the line-up he wants to start the opening Premier League game at Manchester United and will use the final two friendlies to hone his team.

The Leicester City boss appeared frustrated when he admitted he has had to prepare an overgrown squad and hand minutes to players who were unsure of their futures.

Puel has also had to go into matches without his World Cup stars, with six of them only receiving their first run-outs in the defeat to Udinese in Austria on Saturday – in which the City boss used 24 different players at different stages throughout the game.

Meanwhile, key duo Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire are yet to return after being given extra time off following their exploits in Russia with England and could miss the first game at Old Trafford.

READ MORE
Claude Puel's message to Manchester United and Chelsea over Harry Maguire and Kasper Schmeichel
But now the majority of the internationals are back on the pitch, Puel hopes to start building a first-choice team for the final two friendlies against Valencia and Lille.

James Maddison in action during the pre-season friendly match between Leicester City and Udinese at Worthersee Stadion
“I have a thought about the starting players for the first game (at United),” said Puel. “I hope the two last games, we can put a team that is close that we can do for the Premier League.

“But for the moment, it has just been about managing game-time and working to try to develop the fitness. For our international players it was their first 30 minutes since the beginning.

Wilfred Ndidi of Leicester City in action during the pre-season friendly match between Leicester City and Udinese at Worthersee Stadion
“It was a game that involved 24 different players because we have to manage the game-time of internationals: 30 for some, 45 for others, 60 for others. For the moment, we cannot work on our collective without the starting players.

READ MORE
Leicester City linked with teenage Japan striker
“This is all the difficulties of this period. We have 31 to 32 different professional players, it is difficult. It is tough to prepare the season with some players who do not know their future and other things.”

Ricardo Pereira makes his debut during the pre-season friendly match between Leicester City and Udinese at Worthersee Stadion
Of the 24 players used by Puel on Saturday, many of them hold uncertain futures. Islam Slimani is on offer for bids of £18million, while Leonardo Ulloa, Ahmed Musa, Andy King, Callum Elder and Papy Mendy all also spent time out on loan last season, as has Bartosz Kapustka who was also out in Austria.

READ MORE
Why Leicester City boss Claude Puel 'has plenty to think about' after Austria training camp
“It is difficult,” says Puel. “Our training camp was good and I was pleased with the mentality of the players. They were good training sessions. Of course, with different thoughts and desires, it is difficult to give our best in this condition.

“I hope we can, step by step, find good levels and balance of starting players for the beginning of the season.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-boss-claude-puel-1838466