Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your starting 11 for Manu AT THE MOMENT!

This forces us further away from bringing in another winger too, if we're as stretched on wages as has been mentioned. It's frustrating. What was Evans injury record like in the last 2 seasons, hope this isn't going to be the start if things to come. 

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This forces us further away from bringing in another winger too, if we're as stretched on wages as has been mentioned. It's frustrating. What was Evans injury record like in the last 2 seasons, hope this isn't going to be the start if things to come. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jonny-evans/verletzungen/spieler/42412

Lukaku, Rashford and Jones all returned back early for United so they can be fit against us :rolleyes:

When are Vardy and Maguire due back? Saw somewhere that they may not be back in training til Monday? No way they're gonna be fit then. 

19 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

I'm hoping they are just being overly pessimistic about Evans tbh. 

Slightly worrying that he would pick up anything but a very minor injury in that friendly game...

Benny put someone out for the whole season during last pre season ?

Pre season or no pre season there both starters!

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Iborra
Maddison                        Kelechi
                      Vardz

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, A86Allen said:

Pre season or no pre season there both starters!

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Iborra
Maddison                        Kelechi
                      Vardz

I'm not sure that playing with only 10 players is a wise move!

• Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 08:44, FIF said:

There have been some interesting pre-season performances. We've made a few signings and Mahrez has gone. 

I'm interested to see your starting 11's for the Manure game without any further signings being made and understanding that we're still 2 weeks away from the first game.

As much as you'll slate me I'm interested in putting Musa out on the RW/M. Speed frightens teams and he has it.

So here's my suggestion :

Kasper

Perreira

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

Mendy

Ndidi

Maddison

Musa

Iheanacho

Vardy

I still think that we are too weak defensively and need to get in another CB. I think for Perreira and Chilwell to be a success we really need 3 at the back. I think we have the attacking options, if they get the service and Maguire, Mendy and Maddison can all ping passes forwards and Perreira, Chilwell and Musa can all cross the ball.

As the season progresses I think that Hamza, Amartey and Hughes/Knight should begin to play in the first team after starting the season on the bench. I'd even consider playing Amartey in a back 3 with Maguire and Lascelles if we signed him.

I hope we don't see Morgan, Simpson or Benny trying to play passes from the back or even on the pitch this season. They kill the style we're working towards.

So who do you think should be starting the first game?

I think a Hamza/Ndidi destroyer pairing would solidify the defense considerably, Hamza just needs a bit more time, playing against Man U would probably get his confidence revved.

On 28/07/2018 at 08:50, MattP said:

Kasper

Pereira

Chilwell

Maguire

Evans

Morgan

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Okazaki

Vardy

I think Puel would be keen to try a back 3 if we see a CB come up and demand a spot from the u-23s, or if we find a late loan like we did with dragovic last season. I think we'd buy one if we didn't need a veteran playmaker so badly to join Maddison. I strongly suspect we are going to fish late in the window, see if any teams want to improve our squad on the cheap.

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If Maguire and Evans are unfit please play Johnson over Benalouane. 

If Benalouane starts I’m watching from behind the sofa. We’ll be 3 down and playing with 10 men by half time 

• Haha 2