Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your starting 11 for Manu AT THE MOMENT!

I’m wishing I hadn’t got any tickets for this. A week ago we looked in the driving seat for a result but now we look like starting with Morgan and either Benny or a kid when I was hoping Morgan would be a last Last resort this season and Benny not even at that level. Imagine Morgan chasing Sanchez around the pitch...

we dnt have anything like a reasonable replacement for Mahrez so that’s a massive loss in what will be a game with limited chances.

I cant see Nacho scaring United too much even though I see him continually improving for us

as said earlier if United can get their WC players back and we don’t play ours it says a lot about this manager and the desire to play for him

predicting a heavy defeat 

8 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

To me this is ridiculous, I wonder how many other England players won’t make the 1st game for their clubs!

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I would imagine all of them. 

How many of the other clubs have adequate cover for those players though?

Being down to the bare bones in your opening fixture is absolutely pathetic.

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

To be quite honest, I think its a disgrace if we start with Benny and Wes.

We ended last season with Benny behind Wes, Maguire and Dragovic and that's where he should of been at best.

We've known for some time that Drago wasn't coming back and we've known for weeks that Maguire would be a doubt so why the hell have we not purchased more centre backs?

Yes its unfortunate that Evans has got injured but even so, its poor by the club to be in this position and an absolute step back

I agree with the sentiment but you can't go around buying players for one game. Benny is still 4th choice.

Guest Col city fan
On 30/07/2018 at 17:18, FIF said:

Typical Col. Now he'll be right whatever the outcome. :D

No I won’t cos the sod is injured again!

lol

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

To be quite honest, I think its a disgrace if we start with Benny and Wes.

We ended last season with Benny behind Wes, Maguire and Dragovic and that's where he should of been at best.

We've known for some time that Drago wasn't coming back and we've known for weeks that Maguire would be a doubt so why the hell have we not purchased more centre backs?

Yes its unfortunate that Evans has got injured but even so, its poor by the club to be in this position and an absolute step back

Spot on. Starting the season with Benny Hill and Wes will be ridiculous given the time we’ve had and the money to spend.

For fooks sake, Wes was past it LAST season. And Benny is just bang average.

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Or they just have a different opinion to you?

I think after iheanacho's showing vardy might start on the bench but other than that I think there's no way Maguire's not playing.

Id much rather we saved Maguire and Vardy until they are fully fit rather than running them into the ground early in the season. Maguire played every game for us last season and every game at the world cup so throwing him straight in against United would be stupid. Id rather have him fully fit for the wolves game. Yes we are short at cb but if we lose at old trafford on the opening day its not the end of the world. Would rather that than risk injury to 2 of our best players who we are going to need fully fit for the long season ahead. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

I agree with the sentiment but you can't go around buying players for one game. Benny is still 4th choice.

I agree. I dont know why people are getting so pissy over the united game. It's not the end of the world if we lose at old trafford. Yes i think we could get a result but id rather have a fully fit squad against wolves rather than throwing everything into the united game and risking having key players out against wolves. Yes we could and should have signed another centre back but as we haven't done, that doesn't mean we should risk Harry getting injured against United. Leave Vards, Harry and Evans to get fully fit and what will be will be at old Trafford 

1. Kasper

Pereira         Maguire          Johnson           Chilwell

Ndidi             Choudary

Gray                    Maddison                Albrighton

Iheanacho

Would be very surprised if Maguire doesn't start. Especially against Man U after all the talk of them wanting to sign him.

Vardy on the bench, let Iheanacho start as he has couple of goals in pre season.

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree. I dont know why people are getting so pissy over the united game. It's not the end of the world if we lose at old trafford. Yes i think we could get a result but id rather have a fully fit squad against wolves rather than throwing everything into the united game and risking having key players out against wolves. Yes we could and should have signed another centre back but as we haven't done, that doesn't mean we should risk Harry getting injured against United. Leave Vards, Harry and Evans to get fully fit and what will be will be at old Trafford 

Yeah pretty much, and it's hard to buy players to be backup. Look at how hard Spurs have found it to get anyone decent in as backup to Kane. Or even how hard we've found it to get strikers in

Most teams are gonna be a bit wobbly by the time you get to your 4th CB.

Edited by Wdywd

1 minute ago, Wdywd said:

Yeah pretty much, and it's hard to buy players to be backup. Look at how hard Spurs have found it to get anyone decent in as backup to Kane. Or even how hard we've found it to get strikers in

Most teams are gonna be a bit wobbly by the time you get to your 4th CB.

Exactly and we cant afford to have 4 cbs on 80-100k. If we could have got Gibson in for a reasonable price on reasonable wages then great but we shouldnt be spending a fortune on a 3rd choice cb as its clear that Maguire and Evans are 1st choice. Puel must also have some faith in some of the young lads like Johnson

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Morgan

Chillwell

Iborro

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

Subs 

Ward

Fuchs

Johnson/Benny 

Choudary

Diabate

Albrighton

Vardy

I think he's favouring the so called Christmas tree formation 

4 at the back

3 Across the middle 

2 linking the midfield and forward line with 1 striker.

I think Evans will be fit to play.

I have a feeling Vardy will be on the bench if not an outside chance for Ndukwu

All presuming we don't sign anyone else.......

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Morgan

Chillwell

Iborro

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

Subs 

Ward

Fuchs

Johnson/Benny 

Choudary

Diabate

Albrighton

Vardy

4 at the back

3 Across the middle 

Surely if Vardy can make the bench then so can Maguire?

Also not sure if this has already been mentioned but I'll be very disappointed if we leave Vardy & Maguire out but they play any or all of Lukaku/Rashford/Lingard/Jones, as I don't really see the difference.

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Surely if Vardy can make the bench then so can Maguire?

Also not sure if this has already been mentioned but I'll be very disappointed if we leave Vardy & Maguire out but they play any or all of Lukaku/Rashford/Lingard/Jones, as I don't really see the difference.

Hey it's just my opinion.

I just think Vardy us the sort if player who could still make a difference as an impact sub with just a few days training behind him if we are chasing the game.

Maguire I don't think would fall into that category.

Can't see either starting but who knows.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Morgan

Chillwell

Iborro

Ndidi

Silva

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

Subs 

Ward

Fuchs

Johnson/Benny 

Choudary

Diabate

Albrighton

Vardy

4 at the back

3 Across the middle 

Like the look of that, hope that's how we line up.