Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

2 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Wont be coming back here. Imagine his awkward lcfc tv interview when he re signs. Errrm yehh always my dream to come back. Bullshit 

Even more awkward saying my dream is to play for Saints or Palace :blink:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I've been watching Leicester for almost 50 years and he wouldn't make my top 100. Guess I must be bitter or thick in the head.

This. I am in same position. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

He comes with loads of baggage.

For a start it's like getting back with an old girlfriend. You don't have that honeymoon period as you're both settling for something you had before when at least one of you wanted to try something new.

Rumour has it that Drinkwater has a hip flexor problem that can't quite heal properly which restricts his movement from being 100% and the 11 injuries in the last two years maybe him overcompensating by putting stress on other leg parts to protect his hip flexor.

He was brilliant for 18 months but poor his last six months here. It's quite probable the best days of Drinkwater are behind him. 

Now we have eight players in the squad who can play CM why do we need another player who isn't a definite starter? Is the current Drinkwater any better than Ndidi or Silva? The last thing we need is another CM who isn't necessarily any better than we already have.

He's definitely better than Silva.

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

He's definitely better than Silva.

The Drinkwater of Aug 2015 to Nov 2016 was brilliant.

From Dec 2016 he's been bang average.

Whether he's better than Silva is debatable, he may have been better at his best but now I think he isn't. Silva is our player now and Drinkwater isn't so why buy him and give him top wages when we're overloaded in that area and he isn't a definite upgrade on what we have. Why take the risk of signing a 28 yo with injury history who could easily come here for four years with no resale value commanding a top wage and not be fit more than six weeks at a time before getting another injury.

As Bocelli sang at the Everton match Con te Partiro (time to say goodbye).

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

And James isn't anywhere near our first team so that pretty much says enough.

To be fair the James we have now is not the same player we had before his injury, but I agree that I do not want Drinky back not because of his ability but because of his bad attitude and the snakey way he left for Chelsea.

• Like 3