Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

And he'll be ahead of Silva, Iborra? Seems excessive if we're trying to trim our squad.

Well I couldn’t say as I don’t pick the team. But note the word in brackets. 

A lot of it is lazy journalism or his agent trying to get other clubs interested. The West Ham link for example is silly. They’ve not long signed Wilshere who is better than Drinkwater when fully fit and are of a similar mould. 

But if other clubs are actually interested in him, agents are well known to drop a journo a line. Journo gets a headline/story. Player ends up getting move. 

I'd prefer we persist with Silva. Still think that if he can adapt this season, he is much the better footballer than Danny. 

Disappointed with Iborra in pre-season, but I still think he has a role to play as 3rd choice too. Add Choudary as 4th choice and one from Mendy or James as 5th choice, and we are well stacked in CM, until January anyway. 

• Like 4

On 07/08/2018 at 00:20, STUHILL said:

I'd prefer we persist with Silva. Still think that if he can adapt this season, he is much the better footballer than Danny. 

Disappointed with Iborra in pre-season, but I still think he has a role to play as 3rd choice too. Add Choudary as 4th choice and one from Mendy or James as 5th choice, and we are well stacked in CM, until January anyway. 

I do agree however we could do with another CM with quality, whether that’s Drinkwater or not remains to be seen.

If Chelsea have told him he isn't going to play there, and he isn't getting much interest from other clubs OR he wants to come back here, then I wouldn't be completely against it.

I'd just prefer to see how Silva does and think Drinkwater would expect to walk into the starting 11 ahead of him. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Drinky or Silva on the bench than not, and have them fighting it out for that starting spot. I'm fed up of squad fillers who don't add much to the starting 11 when called upon. Having the option of bringing Drinky or Silva on in a match or one of them to cover an injury, would be fantastic squad depth for us. 

I'd probably take him on a loan, but make it clear that he would have to fight for his spot here. Would feel bad for Choudary though as he has earned his chance so far.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we can get those CB's, DD and another winger, I'd be very happy with out options... we then just need to shift a load of players.

lol This post could have been put on repeat for the last 10 days or so.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Genuine question, but has any club sold a player at a high end fee only to have the player return at a 50%ish reduced fee the following year? 

And if so how did the player do when he came back? 

Pass! 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Genuine question, but has any club sold a player at a high end fee only to have the player return at a 50%ish reduced fee the following year? 

There's been some big losses but not sure it's happened within a season. I imagine it must have somewhere.

David Villa went to Barca for £28m in 2010 and left for £1.5m in 2013 but that's obviously a 3 year period.

Barca also paid £50m for Ibrahimovich and sold him for £20m  two years later.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I can't think of any over 1 year but Zaha - Crystal Palace to Man United and back the other way for about half price I think! (Two Years)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Zaha with Man U and Palace

Went for £10-15 million 

Brought back for between £3-6 million 

• Thanks 1