Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

Drinkwater has had 11 different injuries in two years.

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/4242/danny_drinkwater_injury.html

I think we've moved on and I think we should only consider having him on loan here with no fee but cover the wages. You get the impression that Chelsea and Drinkwater are desperate to go their separate ways and with a lack of suitors and us not being desperate for him we should have their eyes out or not bother.

Just now, Gerard said:

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/4242/danny_drinkwater_injury.html

I think we've moved on and I think we should only consider having him on loan here with no fee but cover the wages. You get the impression that Chelsea and Drinkwater are desperate to go their separate ways and with a lack of suitors and us not being desperate for him we should have their eyes out or not bother.

Don’t think he warrants the 130k his on 

where will his hunger be to come back here on loan.

His done it all here and got the big move, more a case of being pushed out than a desire to be back 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Danny sick note!

31 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Genuine question, but has any club sold a player at a high end fee only to have the player return at a 50%ish reduced fee the following year? 

And if so how did the player do when he came back? 

Probably not because it only really happens at the big clubs that panic buy and can afford not to play the player

most of our transfers out over the last 25 years have not been to the so called big boys 

excluding the last few years

Edited by HankMarvin

I would like this to happen as I do think Drinky offers something our other centre midfielders don’t, however he would need to take a 50% paycut if we was to even consider it surely?

The central midfield department does sound so much better with Drinky, Ndidi, Iborra, Silva & Hamza especially if we can offload Mendy, James, King.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would like this to happen as I do think Drinky offers something our other centre midfielders don’t, however he would need to take a 50% paycut if we was to even consider it surely?

The central midfield department does sound so much better with Drinky, Ndidi, Iborra, Silva & Hamza especially if we can offload Mendy, James, King.

Well that’s never gonna happen, “Hey DD I know you’re sitting pretty on a 4 year deal of 130k a week, any chance you go back to Leicester and lose half your income over the next 4 years”

37 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Genuine question, but has any club sold a player at a high end fee only to have the player return at a 50%ish reduced fee the following year? 

And if so how did the player do when he came back? 

Zaha back to Palace from United, he did very well

Last 5 mins of my lunch and I see this is hot, is anything happening or have you spend the last 5 paged arguing if one of our title winners isn’t any better than someone who have played half a season without a goal or assist?

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Last 5 mins of my lunch and I see this is hot, is anything happening or have you spend the last 5 paged arguing if one of our title winners isn’t any better than someone who have played half a season without a goal or assist?

Independent claims we're considering a move.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone suggesting he wouldn't get back into the side is being disingenuous. 

He's better than anything we've seen from Iborra or Silva.

13/14 and 15/16 Drinkwater walks back in as one of the best players in the squad.

14/15, 16/17 and 17/18 Drinkwater is not better than what we’ve seen from our other central midfielders. 

This is the problem, we’ve got no idea which version we’ll get. In any event I’d suggest it’s unlikely that he’ll get up to speed quickly given how little he’s played in the last year.