Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

No one that jumps ship walks straight back into this team! Should rot in the reserves if he signed on loan. Sets a bad example if your whisking players back in if they’ve done poor elsewhere. Also silva and Iborra don’t deserve to be binned for him! Iborra has great leadership and Silva is picking up with the speed of the game to match his technique 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Id sooner have Mendy than Drinkwater back.

I've not really seen enough of Mendy to make an assessment. I liked what I did see but it was limited and/or in a different looking team with a different manager.

I'm not sure where he'd fit in tbh but I suspect Puel has a better idea than most as to how to get the best out of Mendy.

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

No one that jumps ship walks straight back into this team! Should rot in the reserves if he signed on loan. Sets a bad example if your whisking players back in if they’ve done poor elsewhere. Also silva and Iborra don’t deserve to be binned for him! Iborra has great leadership and Silva is picking up with the speed of the game to match his technique 

I agree; if he was anywhere near half decent Chelsea would be keeping him. Buying him would not help given the numbers we have (in midfield).  We need to give Silva and Iborra a full season to get established. I don't see the point in bringing a player in when many things have changed since he left and there was a sour taste in how he left. Second time round rarely works out. 

If we can ship Mendy, King (& Ulloa & Benalouane) then I'd happily take him back! Aggressive and with an eye for a pass. Good in a 2 or a 3, knows the club and has 3-4 good years in him. I've seen him have good games for Chelsea, plus we'd likely make a huge saving. 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1

I have cooled down a bit recently with Danny.

He probably saw the chelsea offer as his one chance to  play regular champions league footy...

My concern is his injuries. he's hardly played for the last two years...

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mendy, King, James and Choudhury (loan) would all have to leave.

he would also have to be on a lot less than he was before when he was here. 

£45-50k p/w rather than the 80-90k that he was on before at lcfc. 

id loan out Mendy too, if we cant sell him

I have a feeling James is going to get his contract cancelled if he isnt gone before the window...

58 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We aren’t a fu*king tribe, like others have said many times. Football is a business. If we sell a player for £35m (which we accepted) then get the player back for £20m or less that’s good business. Its as if we’ve been paid £15m+ for a season long loan fee. lol 

The question that should be up for debate is whether or not he will improve us. Not because he left for Chelsea. I would guarantee the majority of people would have Mahrez back next year. 

A comparison of apples and oranges occurs when two items or groups of items are compared that cannot be practically compared. The idiom, comparing apples and oranges, refers to the apparent differences between items which are popularly thought to be incomparable or incommensurable, such as apples and oranges.

36 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

We aren’t a fu*king tribe, like others have said many times. Football is a business. If we sell a player for £35m (which we accepted) then get the player back for £20m or less that’s good business. Its as if we’ve been paid £15m+ for a season long loan fee. lol 

The question that should be up for debate is whether or not he will improve us. Not because he left for Chelsea. I would guarantee the majority of people would have Mahrez back next year. 

To be fair its only good business if he's not injured and is fit. And based on form from the last 1.5 years the signs show he isnt. :( 

It’s not good business spending another penny on players that don’t want to be here and only want to come back when the chips are down so we spend half the profit made to provide the privilege! I believe Iborra/Silva aren’t any worse/better than him! After being in the league for a number of years and winning a title we should be aiming for new talent! Not old talent just because they might of been better in there hey day. Also the reason the club felt stale was because of players like drinkwater staying on after success! We needed a new group and we’ve virtually got that. So why start bringing back the old !!

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mendy, King, James and Choudhury (loan) would all have to leave.

he would also have to be on a lot less than he was before when he was here. 

£45-50k p/w rather than the 80-90k that he was on before at lcfc. 

I think the only likely option, would be on loan, where we contribute a percentage of his wages. 

Think Chelsea are going to struggle to sell him due to his high wages. 

He may be stubborn and want to try prove himself to the new manager there, but I think if he doesn't move this window on loan, then definitely will in Jan.

It's a similar story we have seen before with players like Drinky moving to a big club. Vardy stays and gets his WC chance, Drinky moves and becomes a forgotten man. 

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

Not as good business as banking £35m and leaving him at Chelsea.

Now now.... drinky was the midfielder to play the passes. He has not been replaced. (In fact England were sadly lacking a playmaker. .but his lay off at chelski ruled him out...he will rue the move).  Would he improve us?.. yes.   I expect  a loan deal would be best as it would be hard for chekski to sell him at a low price .

I doubt this deal will be done 

Edited by foxinsocks