Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

He was good for us in our title season. He was never even as good as James before his injury and only really got his chance after that. Kante beside him made him look better than he was.

Yes he got into the England squad but I'd say that had more to do with politics than anything. Yet, that didn't last either no more than his stint at Chelsea. He was found out long before his injury there.

Anyone who thinks he could replace Choudhury in the team is deluded and he's not even the finished article yet.

But believe what you will.

The Kante argument is valid but Drinkwater still made the assists and key passes for the majority of our goals that season and he only got into the squad because of politics??

You think people who think Drinkwater is better than Choudhury are deluded? Wow i think its the other way round. He looks a prospect but that is a bold statement.

I'll have some of whatever you're smoking mate.

• Like 4

Would prefer that we recall Barnes,  I really don't want to see DD back here, he couldn't get away quick enough, no loyalty due to him afaic, too much cost in wages, we'll need another treatment table and physiotherapist to cope with his "injuries"...let the fooker move abroad as far away from here as possible.

26 minutes ago, stu said:

West Ham have seriously hit this window hard! Some good signings but getting them all to gel quickly, could be difficult and their fans will be ready to turn as soon as it takes a dip. 

Decent move for Drinky. Not sure why he wants to go abroad if he can stay in the Prem 

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Would prefer that we recall Barnes,  I really don't want to see DD back here, he couldn't get away quick enough, no loyalty due to him afaic, too much cost in wages, we'll need another treatment table and physiotherapist to cope with his "injuries"...let the fooker move abroad as far away from here as possible.

Can see this happening if we lose Maddison to an injury. We still haven't addressed the issue of being reliant on one player to create things for us. I was hoping we would do that by signing a top, creative RW, but we got Rachid instead...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, v6rat said:

I'd rather we invested time and money into improving Choudhury who has great potential, than spending anything on Drinkwater who has already peaked and is only going one way.

Yeah I agree. His second spell would fade in comparison to the first. He won’t hit those heights again 

25 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Sadly, do not believe this is happening...

Would be a great signing as he is really motivated to prove a point and has learned for a second time that the bigger clubs don't always treat their players as well as clubs like us do.

DD would be a huge addition as we could easily let King, Iborra, James, Mendy go or be loaned out as we would have options with Silva, DD, Hamza alongside Ndidi - for me he would walk straight back into our team as he is better than all of our options except Ndidi.

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If any truth in us being after him, then must be because Puel doesn't rate Silva in that DCM role alongside N'didi.

I imagine this is just lazy paper talk though. Don't think he would want to come back here anyway. 

He would!!