Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

His England prospects had pretty much come and gone by then. Had he stayed at Leicester are you seriously suggesting that he would have featured in Southgate's plans? 

We would never really know the answer to that question but if he was still here he would of been playing games week in, week out as he was one of our most important players at the time, important to how our team ticked along with Mahrez and Vardy. It’s not as if we have a lot of options in midfield for England.

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

We would never really know the answer to that question but if he was still here he would of been playing games week in, week out as he was one of our most important players at the time, important to how our team ticked along with Mahrez and Vardy. It’s not as if we have a lot of options in midfield for England.

DD was not one of them. His time came and went under Roy and his injury and poor form in 16-17 sealed his fate. 

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Granted he did create some good chances for Vardy. But he had no pace, couldn't head the ball, couldn't tackle, all attributes young Choudhuary has, He just needs experience.

The fact we haven't signed him should tell you that Puel doesn't rate him either.

But keep watching and learning.

I've never smoked anything but I did do the job professionally for a very long time.

Modric, Xavi, Scholes etc couldn’t either! They had someone next to them that did all that which allowed them to dictate & control the pace of the game which is what Drinkwater did when he had Kante next to him.

The fact we haven’t resigned him (yet) is because of financial reasons and nothing to do with Puel rating him or not 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Modric, Xavi, Scholes etc couldn’t either! They had someone next to them that did all that which allowed them to dictate & control the pace of the game which is what Drinkwater did when he had Kante next to him.

The fact we haven’t resigned him (yet) is because of financial reasons and nothing to do with Puel rating him or not 

Rubbish. I was in old Trafford when I seen Scholes score a rocket with his head. And he certainly didn't need anyone beside him for anything. He was a complete midfielder who had it all. Something DD could never be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Rubbish. I was in old Trafford when I seen Scholes score a rocket with his head. And he certainly didn't need anyone beside him for anything. He was a complete midfielder who had it all. Something DD could never be.

Lol! I was in the King Power when Fuchs scored a 20yard screamer on the half volley....doesn’t mean that it was one of his strong points! Im pretty sure that all the hardwork & tackles Roy Keane did enabled Scholes to do his thing & he didn’t do it all himself! I’m not trying to compare DD to Scholes, I’m comparing their roles in the team!

Out of interest how many games have u seen Choudary play to rate him so highly?

39 minutes ago, Albert said:

Surely that boat has sailed?

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Surely that boat has sailed?

Maybe you’re right but seeing as we only currently have Wilf, Silva & Iborra as realistic natural 1st team central midfielders getting Drinky back on loan is a no brainer for me. He’s a reliable/consistent player who knows the club, won’t need time to settle & would also fill the senior role in the changing room that will be missing now that Kingy, Huth, Ulloa & Simo have left.

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Maybe you’re right but seeing as we only currently have Wilf, Silva & Iborra as realistic natural 1st team central midfielders getting Drinky back on loan is a no brainer for me. He’s a reliable/consistent player who knows the club, won’t need time to settle & would also fill the senior role in the changing room that will be missing now that Kingy, Huth, Ulloa & Simo have left.

I want to disagree, but it's a very good point...

Drinkwater dictated the pace of our game - he was our metronome. We didn’t replace him. He is a confidence payer so needs to go somewhere he is loved and comfortable to rediscover his form.  whether the fanbase feels he has enough in his plus column to forgive him his behaviour last August is the question.  And will he sit around for four months at cobham  waiting the Jan  window or go on a season long loan abroad?  Suspect he will wait until jan and then go on loan for the rest of the season. Chelsea have a lot of games pre Xmas with Europa league and probable carrabao cup run.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Albert said:

Lol! I was in the King Power when Fuchs scored a 20yard screamer on the half volley....doesn’t mean that it was one of his strong points! Im pretty sure that all the hardwork & tackles Roy Keane did enabled Scholes to do his thing & he didn’t do it all himself! I’m not trying to compare DD to Scholes, I’m comparing their roles in the team!

Out of interest how many games have u seen Choudary play to rate him so highly?

I'd say Scholes was probably the best English midfielder in the last 40 years he had the complete package, wheras DD is limited in his ability. Yes he was a good passer of the Ball but that was pretty much his only strength.

Choudhury is a much more rounded player, he has a little of everything and just needs to keep improving, I'd prefer to see him get that chance than to bring DD back. As he is the future and has more to offer.

Choudhury I've seen play probably 10 to 15 times for the Development team and his few games in the First team.

I think the lad will have a bright future with us.

• Like 3

Watching the Chelsea game v Huddersfield on sky sports and still DD does not get a game, but Sarri given Ross Barkley a chance and playing not to bad considering he only cost them about 10m

Edited by KJT

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

One of the journalists on the Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports said Chelsea were asking for a £16m loan fee for the season for Drinkwater. If that's the case no wonder he's still at Chelsea. 

lol  Why would someone pay that when they'd probably snap their hand off to get a £20m fee for him.

Just now, Babylon said:

lol  Why would someone pay that when they'd probably snap their hand off to get a £20m fee for him.

It seemed crazy but the journalist said it as if it was a matter of fact and well known in certain circles. It was Sam Wallace from the Telegraph, 

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

One of the journalists on the Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports said Chelsea were asking for a £16m loan fee for the season for Drinkwater. If that's the case no wonder he's still at Chelsea. 

Must have been a loan with a guaranteed transfer of 16 million at the end of the season. Makes more sense than a loan fee of 16 million for Drinkwater, surely. 

Edited by HKFox

Maybe we sold Drinky to Chelsea to provide a cautionary tale to Vardy?

The piles and piles and piles of cash is a possibility too though.

53 minutes ago, Gerard said:

As if anyone would pay Chelsea £16m just to loan Drinkwater for the season lol

Just looking at the Chelsea forum the shed end on DD thread, can't find one recent post that has to say anything positive about him, they just think he just not good enough for Chelsea and want him out. 

Kind of feel sorry for him, it's going to effect his game (if he gets the chance to play) when the fans don't want you there. But getting over 100k for sitting on the bench why would he want to go anywhere else. 

Sounds very much like he will go this month, I actually think he'd be a decent player in Spain or somewhere like that. 

Plenty of time on the ball and all about passing and control. 

Could be a good move for him!

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

DD sluggin it out in the championship?

I think we all knew deep down that his spell at Chelsea would be a short one, I think he was expecting Kante to carry him again.. #badmove