Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

I watched two of his pre-season (ICC) appearances and he was shockingly anonymous.  At best a "4" in a post-match rating.

Just a couple of games, largely among the reserves.  But it seemed painfully obvious.  If he can't reverse his trajectory, he will not be a contributor in the PL again.  Another season on the bench will be the end of him.

If I am reading this right, he has a dilemma.  Leave Chelsea -- and likely the division -- to try to play himself back into form.  Or decide that a PL winners medal and 10 or 20 million pounds earned was a rewarding enough career.  First world problems.  But a tough call just the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

It's unfair to say Kante carried him, Drinkwater was brilliant in his own right whilst playing with Kante.

Not really.

Obviously, Drinkwater had a brilliant season during 15/16 season and noone can take it away from him.

But as the time passes, it's clear that he overperformed massively whilist having next to Kanté.

In the following season, Drinkwater was constantly criticized for being underwhelming performances. 

Guys like Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel & Albrighton proved themselves for being genuinely class players and not just one-season-wonders.

As for N'Golo Kanté himself, he went on to establish himself as an all-time great legend among defensive midfielders.

Edited by MisterFoxKillen

Shite before he came here and shite after he's left, we won the prem with a bunch of cast offs and unknown players, everyone knows this, but together, as a team, they clicked. Why does anyone think that once they leave they'll suddenly become world beaters, mahrez will struggle and kante plays one specific role that we bought him for, Conte basically stole him from us because all he does is nick other managers ideas and france played him because they saw the same thing. I doubt either of them would have played for their national side if they hadn't played for us, same with Drinkwater and Vardy.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think it was a good move for him, big contract when he was becoming more injury prone. People saying this move costing him his england place is a little naive, when he was probably our best midfielder in 2016 and didn't get a look in

Probably our best midfielder in 2016? Yeah apart from the other guy.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Shite before he came here and shite after he's left, we won the prem with a bunch of cast offs and unknown players, everyone knows this, but together, as a team, they clicked. Why does anyone think that once they leave they'll suddenly become world beaters, mahrez will struggle and kante plays one specific role that we bought him for, Conte basically stole him from us because all he does is nick other managers ideas and france played him because they saw the same thing. I doubt either of them would have played for their national side if they hadn't played for us, same with Drinkwater and Vardy.

Are you saying Kanté isn’t very good and is not international class?

Wow.

• Like 2

Can't see him going into the championship. That would be acutely embarrassing for him.

Would be interesting to see how he does if he goes abroad to Germany or France.

Apparantly Bordeaux are after Cattermole lol

On 10/08/2018 at 00:28, Albert said:

Modric, Xavi, Scholes etc couldn’t either! They had someone next to them that did all that which allowed them to dictate & control the pace of the game which is what Drinkwater did when he had Kante next to him.

The fact we haven’t resigned him (yet) is because of financial reasons and nothing to do with Puel rating him or not 

Can't agree with that.

Scholes was pretty decent with his head as his goal against Scotland at Hampden in the 1999 play off would attest. 

His tackling was pretty rank though but I think he did that on purpose as he had a bit of a nasty streak.

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Are you saying Kanté isn’t very good and is not international class?

Wow.

No I’m saying if kante hadn’t have played for us he wouldn’t now be playing for France. Course he’s international class, but only because his talent has been brought to the attention of deschamps.

29 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No I’m saying if kante hadn’t have played for us he wouldn’t now be playing for France. Course he’s international class, but only because his talent has been brought to the attention of deschamps.

Surely that’s the case with anyone that plays international football then?

On 15/08/2018 at 16:44, yorkie1999 said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 17.58.46.png

• Thanks 1