Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

17 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I hate the way people reverse history. DD had a good season when we won the league. The following season, when the entire team were utter gash he was the 'only' reliable player up until mid Oct /Nov when he sustained an injury. By the time he was fit again the malaise had truely set in and he just joined the party.

Please don't slag off DD. He always gave 110%. He just lost form and then strangely got brought by Chelski as a squad player. Unfortunately that was never going to allow him to rediscover his form. DD should have moved to Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton this summer and been enabled to play himself back into form.

Well said, people also seem to think Matty James was better than him when we won the Championship too. I'm fairly sure DD won our player of the season that year.

11 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Well said, people also seem to think Matty James was better than him when we won the Championship too. I'm fairly sure DD won our player of the season that year.

He did and was good that year. Was way more dynamic and box to box than he is now.

More like a crab now and put on a lot of bulk (muscle) which has slowed him down. I’m sure someone can pull his heatmaps to either corroborate or disprove my perspective 

Edited by HoustonFox
Formatting

I'm pretty certain that his high wages restricted his movement this summer, Chelsea was a poor choice for him and now he is stuck !!

He won't make the Chelsea 25 man squad & his only hope is a loan to Europe with Chelsea subsidizing his wages.

Credit to him for trying his luck at Chelsea. Huge move and if that is what he wanted, at least he has given it ago.

We have enough in midfield so he won’t be on our radar I wouldn’t have thought.

But for me I will keep a close eye out for him as I want to see how the hair transplant goes. Been considering one for a while so I will look at it’s prigress. 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 13:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I hate the way people reverse history. DD had a good season when we won the league. The following season, when the entire team were utter gash he was the 'only' reliable player up until mid Oct /Nov when he sustained an injury. By the time he was fit again the malaise had truely set in and he just joined the party.

Please don't slag off DD. He always gave 110%. He just lost form and then strangely got brought by Chelski as a squad player. Unfortunately that was never going to allow him to rediscover his form. DD should have moved to Fulham, Huddersfield, Brighton this summer and been enabled to play himself back into form.

You were here doing well until you got to the point where you said he always gave 110%..he did up to a time but asking anyone connected to the club- he was trying to engineer  a move to Chelsea for a while...

personally dont think any of the title-winning team deserve criticism, however..

I am thankful to Drinkwater for his contribution over the years, but he really isn't all that IMO and I also think his judgement is questionable. Turning down an England call up?! wtf?! Some might say there was honour in it because he didn't feel fit enough, but Southgate hasn't picked him since. H ought to have got his arse to that camp and showed he was a trier at the very least. In his last games he was like a parody of his good season. The balls over the top for Vardy were so off target it was painful. He's a player who clearly modelled himself on Paul Scholes, with about a 20th of the talent. Sorry. I hope we don't take hime on loan. Especially after forcing his move. More bad judgement on his part, just like turning down England. He's now reaping what he sowed.

Wow, some of the bitterness on here, can’t quite understand it myself but guess that’s what some football fans are like.

DD was quality for us and I won’t hear otherwise, the year we won the championship, went missing during the survival year but most of the squad did- but still played his part. Then the title winning year speaks for itself. Since the 15/16 season he was one of the few players that actually did themselves justice and let’s be fair he’s one of the best players we’ve had in years. Earned himself a big move, hasn’t worked out but why slag him off? Surely most pro’s aim is to work their way up to the top, that’s exactly what he did. Unfortunately he is clearly out of his depth, but can’t believe some are talking about him like he’s at Brighton Huddersfield etc level, he could easily play top 8 football. 

• Like 2

On 16/08/2018 at 18:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

To add he also worked his bollocks off in the knockout games of the Champions League 

Danny Drinkwater was great, his touch and close control was at times fantastic and he could pop a ball into space.  He was clearly a great buy.  Yes he had spells where he was out of form but the season after the title, there was a lot of dross.   I like James but he hasn’t reached DD’s level perhaps due to injuries perhaps he isn’t that good.

His level does appear to be PL outside of the top 6 but then again I could never understand what people saw in Jordan Henderson and he plays regularly for Liverpool!

On 09/08/2018 at 09:14, ClaphamFox said:

It’s been said before, but it’s worth repeating: if Drinkwater had never played for us, and was just another ageing, injury-prone Chelsea reject who had previously enjoyed a couple of good seasons at – let’s say - Southampton, how many Leicester fans would want him? Not many. Most would regard it as an unambitious and uninspiring move. So why do so many people apparently think otherwise? Sentiment. And sentiment should play no part whatsoever in choosing our squad players for this season.

.. the point is that we know how good he can be!!

We have seen him play... I understand where you are coming from...but you can't unring a bell! 

On 16/08/2018 at 18:46, HoustonFox said:

He did and was good that year. Was way more dynamic and box to box than he is now.

More like a crab now and put on a lot of bulk (muscle) which has slowed him down. I’m sure someone can pull his heatmaps to either corroborate or disprove my perspective 

The role of a CM in a very good side at that level who’re romping the league is very different to a CM in the Premier League. 

He can’t be afforded the opportunity to be as box to box against quality opposition. They’d pick us apart playing that way. 

On 16/08/2018 at 18:16, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

For all that I probably would not want him back I completely agree with this.  He was pretty much regarded as our best player that season (until he got injured) by everyone on this forum.  X

• Like 1

Trying to be extra nice to everybody today by the way as I got banned again.  So say and do what you will to me, I shall not retaliate.  I love you all.  Especially you @somebum, you are my hero and I want to snuggle with you.  :)

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Trying to be extra nice to everybody today by the way as I got banned again.  So say and do what you will to me, I shall not retaliate.  I love you all.  Especially you @somebum, you are my hero and I want to snuggle with you.  :)

:wub:

41 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

People get banned for some of the most pathetic stuff lol

I look at my posting history and I've literally never been banned, have had some frankly verbally abusive and lengthy arguments and still never been banned. 

Humble blows ****ing kisses at the end of every post and insults his own penis five times as often as he insults another poster, why would you ever need to ban him? lol

I assume the admin DM people and ask them to pipe down as a courtesy at least before banning folk? 

I mean, when they sign straight up and start abusing people straight away or they're bots or something then fair play. But all the staff here know that Rumble is a pretty reasonable, laid back poster. I'm sure he'd pipe down and shut up if told he was going to get a ban otherwise, no? 

Sakes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I look at my posting history and I've literally never been banned, have had some frankly verbally abusive and lengthy arguments and still never been banned. 

Humble blows ****ing kisses at the end of every post and insults his own penis five times as often as he insults another poster, why would you ever need to ban him? lol

I assume the admin DM people and ask them to pipe down as a courtesy at least before banning folk? 

I mean, when they sign straight up and start abusing people straight away or they're bots or something then fair play. But all the staff here know that Rumble is a pretty reasonable, laid back poster. I'm sure he'd pipe down and shut up if told he was going to get a ban otherwise, no? 

Sakes. 

It amazes me that people like you don't get banned and people like Rumble do. You are obviously of the inner circle Finnegan.

Those banned are never warned nor are they told why they have been banned.

It's good to agree with you for once.

56 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sakes. 

Noticeable he didn't blow a kiss at the end of that last post to @somebum though. @RumbleFox should be banned for that.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

Just now, FIF said:

It amazes me that people like you don't get banned and people like Rumble do. You are obviously of the inner circle Finnegan.

Those banned are never warned nor are they told why they have been banned.

It's good to agree with you for once.

Inner circle of ****ing foxes talk lol

Have a word with yourself it's a Leicester City fans forum not the bilderburg group. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've no wishes to get into an elongated discussion or argument over this but to answer parts of your post. I got banned for telling MCPrussian that 'I dont care if you agree with my post, now do one'.

Nothing more than that.

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I've no wishes to get into an elongated discussion or argument over this but to answer parts of your post. I got banned for telling MCPrussian that 'I dont care if you agree with my post, now do one'.

Nothing more than that.

It's a bit odd. I'm assuming the mods have permissions for temporary bans but not permanent ones as most of the temporary bans seem to be for completely asinine and pointless stuff that I don't imagine any of the admin would give a toss about. 

Where as some of the mods these days are plonkers to say the least. 

Edit: this is the part where I'm hilariously banned for saying I've never been banned btw 

Edited by Finnegan

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Deleted 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
Not the right place-deleted for derailing
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's a bit odd. I'm assuming the mods have permissions for temporary bans but not permanent ones as most of the temporary bans seem to be for completely asinine and pointless stuff that I don't imagine any of the admin would give a toss about. 

Where as some of the mods these days are plonkers to say the least. 

I'm really not sure on the mods permissions but, like you, I have been a little surprised at some of the posts that have led to bans for others. 

As for your last sentence, I'll leave that alone for fear of a ban if I respond lol

I've decided, for the days I'm not in the best of humours, I'm signing up to 'the fighting cocks'. I'd rather fall out with Spurs supporters from now on. This is commonly known as 'pulling an @The Bear'

Edited by Max Wall

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am in the @FIFclub and on limited posting. I've actually been too scared to post anything that may be CLASSED as controversial or argumentative in any shape or form, in the last couple of weeks. That includes any debates ie Vardy's red card on Saturday.

I found out my posting was limited when i read a random post in forum support and my name being on the naughty list :(  

I would like to say i know exactly why this is, but i honestly have no clue. If anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated :D 

Probably the best way to get off Mark's naughty list is to not get involved in discussions like this lol

Go about posting normally, post in the Jamie Vardy thread, post opinions on football, act normally. The fact that urban spaceman isn't on that list and you are should assure you it's not really anything to do with the quality of your posts. 

Just post normally and if it isn't lifted naturally in a couple weeks then just IM Mark for a quiet word. 

He's a pretty likeable, normal guy tbf he'll be reasonable if you are. Keep in mind he runs this place as a hobby, it takes work, it takes money, it isn't particularly always easy or free and it's rarely rewarding.

Mistakes might be made when it comes to judging character but when you look at the sheer volume of irritating trolls, wind up merchants, fake accounts and retards that come through here on an annual basis you can understand why the admin staff are sometimes a bit jumpy. 

• Like 2