Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

24 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am in the @FIFclub and on limited posting. I've actually been too scared to post anything that may be CLASSED as controversial or argumentative in any shape or form, in the last couple of weeks. That includes any debates ie Vardy's red card on Saturday.

I found out my posting was limited when i read a random post in forum support and my name being on the naughty list :(  

I would like to say i know exactly why this is, but i honestly have no clue. If anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated :D 

I've said before it would be nice to get a pm as to why you've been banned. Or a pm to warn you your close to a ban.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Inner circle of ****ing foxes talk lol

Have a word with yourself it's a Leicester City fans forum not the bilderburg group. 

Are you cunningly spelling Bilderberg incorrectly to put us off the real scent? That is the question lol

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have a word with yourself it's a Leicester City fans forum not the bilderburg group. 

Speak for yourself pal, I've been a sworn member of the inner circle for years now. 

1DKNUON.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I was being generous with the "inner circle" comment. I think you actually sleep with Mark but I didn't want to get banned for saying that.

There is no reasonable explanation how you haven't been banned a hundred times for the things you say to some posters.

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

I've no wishes to get into an elongated discussion or argument over this but to answer parts of your post. I got banned for telling MCPrussian that 'I dont care if you agree with my post, now do one'.

Nothing more than that.

You are clearly the type of poster that is seen as undesirable on here.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am in the @FIFclub and on limited posting. I've actually been too scared to post anything that may be CLASSED as controversial or argumentative in any shape or form, in the last couple of weeks. That includes any debates ie Vardy's red card on Saturday.

I found out my posting was limited when i read a random post in forum support and my name being on the naughty list :(  

I would like to say i know exactly why this is, but i honestly have no clue. If anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated :D 

Like Rumble's bans yours mystify me. I read nearly everything the 2 of you post. It's reasonable, intelligent and full of humour, and then we can read inane posts from inane posters.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Probably the best way to get off Mark's naughty list is to not get involved in discussions like this lol

Go about posting normally, post in the Jamie Vardy thread, post opinions on football, act normally. The fact that urban spaceman isn't on that list and you are should assure you it's not really anything to do with the quality of your posts. 

Just post normally and if it isn't lifted naturally in a couple weeks then just IM Mark for a quiet word. 

He's a pretty likeable, normal guy tbf he'll be reasonable if you are. Keep in mind he runs this place as a hobby, it takes work, it takes money, it isn't particularly always easy or free and it's rarely rewarding.

Mistakes might be made when it comes to judging character but when you look at the sheer volume of irritating trolls, wind up merchants, fake accounts and retards that come through here on an annual basis you can understand why the admin staff are sometimes a bit jumpy. 

If I understand it, having been on the "naughty step" more than most and seemingly forever on a posting limit, Mark is the only one who limits posting - he may even be the only one who actually bans whilst mods are limited to removing posts and the like. I think you may be being a little disingenuous to the mods. No question there are a couple of over zealous mods but there are also some extremely good mods.

I think your post explains why you've never been banned. It's smarmy and creepy and portrays slightly false if plausible information.

Having said that I do realise that Mark is doing and has done a great job with the site and I understand the mistakes that he and any of us make regarding judging character and intent. I've been here, when allowed, for many, many years and love the community. I honestly wish he got the financial remuneration that his work deserves but hope that he's happy to accept the spiritual recompense it gets instead.

EDIT:  You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day.

Max, you are hilarious, intelligent and would be missed if you were ever banned.

Edited by Guest
posting limit reached but needed to reply to Max

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

You are clearly the type of poster that is seen as undesirable on here.

Suzie, like Rumble's bans yours mystify me. I read nearly everything the 2 of you post. It's reasonable, intelligent and full of humour, and then we can read inane posts from inane posters.

I

I'm seen as pretty undesirable everywhere to be honest.

I'm a little disappointed you don't see my posts as reasonable, intelligent and full of humour, I must say lol I'm hurt.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mistakes might be made when it comes to judging character but when you look at the sheer volume of irritating trolls, wind up merchants, fake accounts and retards that come through here on an annual basis you can understand why the admin staff are sometimes a bit jumpy. 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Speak for yourself pal, I've been a sworn member of the inner circle for years now. 

1DKNUON.png

As regards this forum I’ve always been perched on the outer rim. Not the best place tbh but perhaps preferable to the Inner Circle. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

So this is absolutely no longer a thread about Drinkwater, just an argument that bears no relation to what I expected to read about. Okay then.

This thread should have been locked before it got to two pages. 

He's not coming back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Probably the best way to get off Mark's naughty list is to not get involved in discussions like this lol

Go about posting normally, post in the Jamie Vardy thread, post opinions on football, act normally. The fact that urban spaceman isn't on that list and you are should assure you it's not really anything to do with the quality of your posts. 

Just post normally and if it isn't lifted naturally in a couple weeks then just IM Mark for a quiet word. 

He's a pretty likeable, normal guy tbf he'll be reasonable if you are. Keep in mind he runs this place as a hobby, it takes work, it takes money, it isn't particularly always easy or free and it's rarely rewarding.

Thank you, I really appreciate this post very much.

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

People get banned for some of the most pathetic stuff lol

I look at my posting history and I've literally never been banned, have had some frankly verbally abusive and lengthy arguments and still never been banned. 

Humble blows ****ing kisses at the end of every post and insults his own penis five times as often as he insults another poster, why would you ever need to ban him? lol

I assume the admin DM people and ask them to pipe down as a courtesy at least before banning folk? 

I mean, when they sign straight up and start abusing people straight away or they're bots or something then fair play. But all the staff here know that Rumble is a pretty reasonable, laid back poster. I'm sure he'd pipe down and shut up if told he was going to get a ban otherwise, no? 

Sakes. 

Haha I wish!!  You just log in and find yourself banned for a few days.  :( 

21 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I've no wishes to get into an elongated discussion or argument over this but to answer parts of your post. I got banned for telling MCPrussian that 'I dont care if you agree with my post, now do one'.

Nothing more than that.

My latest ban (I assume) was for telling somebum he was miserable and his posts were incessantly depressing.   I probably should not have bothered but......

a: I was telling the truth

and

b:  Somebum and I have had a few lighthearted debates before and he actually is quite funny and takes it quite well so my post was, as always, tongue in cheek.

I have read the word "retard" on this thread, I have seen open sexism and racism on this site for which people never get banned and this is why i get frustrated.  All I do is have a dig at posters that are so incessantly negative (and with no constructive arguments) and I seem to get banned for it.  I may well get banned for this post so will stop typing and stop being annoying.  X

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I believe you can be banned for derailing topics. I flippantly replied to your post then thought better of it. I also don't really want DD back. 

I actually think GC has lost some of its zip and isn’t as much fun as it used to be. 

Too many people getting offended. Too much censorship and also perhaps a result of changing attitudes in different times. 

Oh, yeah, DD, hope he gets a move so he can play some football. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

Mods, I understand you don't want people derailing threads but, also, this is a forum for discussion and sometimes we enjoy a bit of silly chat and, as the kids say, "banter".  I will stick to DD from now on on this thread but I feel there should be more context and a look at the intent of the posts when dishing out bans.  As sad as it must make my life to say this...... I really enjoy this forum and like posting on it and being banned for three days for "being a bit silly" annoys me.  X

So..........

I think Danny Drinkwater was a great player for us and will always be a club legend for his part in our title win but I think that we have probably moved on.  For his own sake I think he should move on to a club where he will get regular football.  X