Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

I was disappointed Danny left, but the club knew he had injury problems and £35m was a great deal as they knew they could get Silva. That obviously went tits up. The club showed last season that handing in a transfer request doesn’t mean anything, so the fact he did just meant we saved a wedge of money it didn’t force us to sell. For a 27 year old injury plagued player to have a big pay rise and one last chance at Champions League, I can't blame him for going.

Anyway, if he is fit then gerrimin you may think that Iborra and Silva are better players but none of them have forged a partnership with Vardy like Drinkwater did. Drinkwater + Vardy is better than Silva/Iborra + Vardy for that alone it’s worth 10-15m, if and only if he is fit.

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Got caught doing the dirty on his misses which was the finap straw.

As in... the club has these morals? Or as in she told him to **** off to London? lol 

It's a no from me.

I do not think he's a bad player at all and it's a shame seeing what Chelsea fans say about him, but do we really need him? He'd automatically become one of our highest earners, he's barely played since he left us, he's quite injury prone, he'd cost us a fair bit of money, all in a position that we're on the whole quite well stacked in.

It'd be a poor value for money signing for me. Would scream sentiment over sense. How many issues does signing him address?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He just suits our play better than Silva. I'd bring DD back in and try and offload Silva. But I'd don't think he'd leave Chelsea permanently as I bet he's on a decent wedge. 

He he must be regretting leaving us, if he'd have stayed he could have been a starter for Eng at the WC

If we were to somehow get rid of our excess midfielders I’d definitely take him back for a reasonable price or a loan deal. I know a lot like Iborra but I think he’s been shit more than he’s been good and I’m not convinced with silva in a two. Drinky definitely gets in our side but we’ve got other priorities to spend our money on.

Date: 29th July 2018 at 1:28pm
Written by: Merlin
Please don’t remind me of just how much Chelsea paid to secure the services of Danny Drinkwater, from Leicester City.

I know someone, somewhere, had the idea that reuniting Drinkwater with N’Golo Kante and recreating the midfield duo that drove Leicester City to a surprise Premier League title in 2015 / 2016 was the game-plan but it only ever stood a chance of happening if Drinkwater was given the chance to show what he can do, but he wasn’t was he?

Now, with Chelsea having brought in Jorginho and also looking, if the speculation is correct, to add Aaron Ramsey to the squad, Click Here, the future of Danny Drinkwater looks to be away from Stamford Bridge.

Today, the news source,

Chelsea HQ
@Chelsea_HQ
 Danny Drinkwater is being primed for a move away from #Chelsea, with Southampton, Crystal Palace and Leicester City keen on signing the midfielder. (@MirrorFootball) https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-drinkwater-heading-chelsea-exit-12995133

11:14 PM - Jul 28, 2018

Chelsea boss Sarri wields the axe with £35m signing set to go
EXCLUSIVE: Midfielder doesn't look to be in Maurizio Sarri's plans, with Southampton, Palace and previous club possibly keen

mirror.co.uk
51 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Is inferring that Drinkwater has a variety of clubs to choose from if he is indeed shown the door, with Southampton, Crystal Palace and Leicester City getting honourable mentions.

Now whilst, in the article text above, I may have been critical of the Drinkwater signing, I would like to point out that in no way do I lay any of the blame for this debacle at Drinkwater’s feet. Like many a player, given the chance to shine for Chelsea, you’d naturally jump at it, wouldn’t you?

Drinkwater wasn’t to know, after putting pen-to-paper on what was probably a very lucrative contract, he’d see very little meaningful first-team action.

Whatever happens in the days before the transfer window closes, we wish Danny all the best, sometimes moves just don’t work out, do they!

Just a thought, DD handing in a transfer request negated Leicester from paying a loyalty bonus which I believe would have been a few millions. He saved us some money but also expedited the transfer. A fit DD is at £15m would be a great deal for City. We have never replaced him and we have a plethora of players who do not cover the needs of our midfield. DD with Wilf is a very good option (so long as he is not carrying an injury). 

In Drinkwater's favour, he is a Leicester legend.

Unlike our current central  midfielders, he has been a title winner in one of the top leagues I  Europe.  Of course, King is an exception but was, by comparison, a bit part player.  Only Ndidi stands out as being a better player.  Ibarra and Silva both offer a lot but do not necessarily offer more than Drinkwater.

I would be happy to see a fit Drinkwater back at Leicester.  Having said that , careful consideration is needed.  Our squad is unwieldy;  we are getting to the stage where we have three players for each position.   As has been stated,  Drinkwater would be preferable to three current well-paid players:  King and James who I have a lot of respect for;  and Mendy who has made no impact at the club.

• Like 2

This would be truly underwhelming.  WTF are our scouting Team doing??  There must be talent out there in the leagues of the World that may be worth a look rather looking backwards?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

If we buy him for £15m we would've sent him on loan for a year and charged £15m lol

Would be nice to be the ones doing that for once as we're usually the ones paying a shit load for a player only to loan them back to that same club.

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

He just suits our play better than Silva. I'd bring DD back in and try and offload Silva. But I'd don't think he'd leave Chelsea permanently as I bet he's on a decent wedge. 

He he must be regretting leaving us, if he'd have stayed he could have been a starter for Eng at the WC

He didn’t even make the Euro squad a few weeks after winning the Premier League with us. Chelsea was his best chance of making it back into the England setup but I think he’d had enough of the elitist mentality at the FA (after not going to the Euros) 

Guest Markyblue

With mahrez gone there's a huge burden on vardy.anybody who can help him should be considered. Drinky falls into that bracket.