Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

12 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

With mahrez gone there's a huge burden on vardy.anybody who can help him should be considered. Drinky falls into that bracket. 

Drinkwater has 3 goals and 8 assists in 88 premier league appearances for Leicester. So, by your logic we shouldn't be signing Drinkwater at all lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

Statistics may say that I don't doubt you. But there is more to it than that he certainly seemed to help vardy a lot in the title winning season. Would depend on price and fitness being right but at the quoted 15 million I'd snap him up. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Statistics may say that I don't doubt you. But there is more to it than that he certainly seemed to help vardy a lot in the title winning season. Would depend on price and fitness being right but at the quoted 15 million I'd snap him up. 

He'd be on stupid wages. He'd not be a bargain at all.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, sphericalfox said:

He'd be on stupid wages. He'd not be a bargain at all.

Well don't pay him stupid wages.unlke when he moved we hold the advantage. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Well don't pay him stupid wages.unlke when he moved we hold the advantage. 

Given our surplus of CM wages it'd have to be a significant drop. He'll end up elsewhere. We don't need him and we can certainly find someone cheaper if we were inclined.

• Like 1

Love Drinky. Always will. Thought he was our most consistent player in our championship title season. 

However, do not see how adding him to squad now will do us or him any good. We have filled the role he left with two accomplished players. We are all ready overloaded with players we either do not need or want. 

He is probabky better suited elsewhere. 

• Like 1

As soon as he signed for Chelsea this was inevitable. The fact that Conte didn't use him shows that he was signed by the club's transfer committee and was never in the manager's plans.

I don't think he'd fit into our new manager's style of play either, so it's probably off to Southampton or Palace for Danny. I could see him returning on a loan, but buying him would be a waste as we have an abundance of midfielders at the moment, even if they are all average at best bar Ndidi.

Mahrez could well go the same way to be honest, though he is a much better player overall.

At his best he’s better than anything we’ve seen from Silva. Will he get that top form back - who knows. Should we be persisting with Silva - absolutely we should. If we can offload the deadwood in the squad, especially in the midfield, it’d effectively pay for this transfer but in no way do we need him the way our squad is at the minute.

If he were to come back I’d welcome him with open arms mind. Let’s see what happens I guess.

7 hours ago, Will1981 said:

To be fair the James we have now is not the same player we had before his injury, but I agree that I do not want Drinky back not because of his ability but because of his bad attitude and the snakey way he left for Chelsea.

No! Definitely not.

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Seems like hes really desperate to come back. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Didnt he post on Chelsea social media, that it was a long hard journey, but worth it and a training goal, after feigning injury for so long? Did he not say to us fans that he wanted to stay at lcfc for the rest of his career after his bumper pay rise?? And he wants back????