Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Robin JD Popley

Danny Drinkwater

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He got the second half against Inter’s reserves the other night, and I tried to keep an eye on him.  It was not easy -- he was as anonymous as a CM could possibly be.  Rarely touched the ball, rarely showed for it, never sent a forward pass much less a DD through ball.  He did get off one of his thirty yarders but it went several feet wide.

Is there ANY real-world evidence for the last year and a half, that this guy can even approach what he used to be?  Or are those of you in favor, living in the past?  Nostalgia or nationalism are no reasons to buy an expensive player.

The best sale transaction this club will ever make, and half our supporters would like to undo it.  AND heap what would be one of the club’s biggest wages onto the club’s biggest problem -- overpaid, unsellable veterans.  Mind-boggling.

Very true,we have or should have moved on.Can remember him for Barnsley at the KP!

Hard to see how spending a 20 mill transfer fee + his wage bill on Drinky, who plays the same position as Ndidi, Choud, Silva, Iborra, Mendy, James, etc. will save money.

I get it, you think Drinky a better option than most of those, though just as easy to see him as one of the worst in that group (James beat him out before, Silva is certainly more accomplished and we need Ndidi's mate in the MF2 to be strong on the ball, obv Ndidi's better, etc.)

Nostalgia is lovely, but he barely played last season, and he plays a very physical, demanding style that doesn't tend to age well in the Prem. The problem is really the uncertainty, and it is hard to see why you would play him over Silva or Choudhury or perhaps even Mendy, whose form looks right finally after that injury 

We have to remember, 2015-16 Drinky was a bit of an illusion, what with him playing in-between Kante and Kante. He is diminished and couldn't get on the field for Chelsea. Tough to see him adding the sort of value to warrant paying for him.

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

We have to remember, 2015-16 Drinky was a bit of an illusion, what with him playing in-between Kante and Kante. He is diminished and couldn't get on the field for Chelsea. Tough to see him adding the sort of value to warrant paying for him.

Lol Yup. Its a no from me too.

47 minutes ago, vanity said:

Hard to see how spending a 20 mill transfer fee + his wage bill on Drinky, who plays the same position as Ndidi, Choud, Silva, Iborra, Mendy, James, etc. will save money.

I get it, you think Drinky a better option than most of those, though just as easy to see him as one of the worst in that group (James beat him out before, Silva is certainly more accomplished and we need Ndidi's mate in the MF2 to be strong on the ball, obv Ndidi's better, etc.)

Nostalgia is lovely, but he barely played last season, and he plays a very physical, demanding style that doesn't tend to age well in the Prem. The problem is really the uncertainty, and it is hard to see why you would play him over Silva or Choudhury or perhaps even Mendy, whose form looks right finally after that injury 

Choudary > A million miles away from being a Prem player. Needs to go out on loan and learn the game.

Silva > No doubting his quality but has yet to settle and there’s question marks whether he can handle the pace of the Prem.

Iborra > Quality player but is on his last legs & is more of a squad player 

Mendy > Seriously?!?!

James > Can’t stay fit

I was as bitter and angry as anyone when Drinky forced his move to Chelsea but if u take the emotion out of it we would of all done the same! He was given the opportunity to set himself up for life financially and go play with a top top team with some of the Worlds best players. Ur a liar if you’re saying you wouldn’t of done the same! It obviously hasn’t worked out for him but regardless of everything it doesn’t change the fact he was an integral part to our success & is one of the best midfielders that has worn the shirt.

Signing such a proven quality player that wouldn’t need anytime settling in for a cut price fee would be a fantastic move for us which I really hope happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

He got the second half against Inter’s reserves the other night, and I tried to keep an eye on him.  It was not easy -- he was as anonymous as a CM could possibly be.  Rarely touched the ball, rarely showed for it, never sent a forward pass much less a DD through ball.  He did get off one of his thirty yarders but it went several feet wide.

Is there ANY real-world evidence for the last year and a half, that this guy can even approach what he used to be?  Or are those of you in favor, living in the past?  Nostalgia or nationalism are no reasons to buy an expensive player.

The best sale transaction this club will ever make, and half our supporters would like to undo it.  AND heap what would be one of the club’s biggest wages onto the club’s biggest problem -- overpaid, unsellable veterans.  Mind-boggling.

Mind-boggling that you’re judging him on playing 45mins of a preseason friendly with zero confidence for a club that clearly doesn’t want him.

Hes hardly kicked a ball in the last yr so rather than looking for “real world evidence” over that time I’ll judge him on the evidence he showed us when he was a major factor in our recent success and the fact we are crying out for a player of his quality that can perform consistently next to Wilf!

Selling a player for £35m and then re-signing him 12months later for half the amount is the total opposite of undoing ‘the best sale transaction the club will ever make’....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Albert said:

Choudary > A million miles away from being a Prem player. Needs to go out on loan and learn the game.

Silva > No doubting his quality but has yet to settle and there’s question marks whether he can handle the pace of the Prem.

Iborra > Quality player but is on his last legs & is more of a squad player 

Mendy > Seriously?!?!

James > Can’t stay fit

I was as bitter and angry as anyone when Drinky forced his move to Chelsea but if u take the emotion out of it we would of all done the same! He was given the opportunity to set himself up for life financially and go play with a top top team with some of the Worlds best players. Ur a liar if you’re saying you wouldn’t of done the same! It obviously hasn’t worked out for him but regardless of everything it doesn’t change the fact he was an integral part to our success & is one of the best midfielders that has worn the shirt.

Signing such a proven quality player that wouldn’t need anytime settling in for a cut price fee would be a fantastic move for us which I really hope happens

If I earned 5m (his reputed wage at Leicester) in a single year at any stage of my career, I guarantee that I would already be set up for life, let alone earning it for 3+ years. 5m or 7m wouldn’t make much of a difference.

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

By no means am I judging him only on that friendly.  My point is that it was was consistent with his recent body of work.

Did you ever see him make one of his PL appearances for Chelsea and ask yourself "why aren't they playing him more?"

Me neither.

IMO selling (this) player for £35m and then re-signing him 12months later for half the amount would be to waste 17.5M and huge wages to chase a memory.  And indeed to sully that memory, when he cannot perform to justify that cost, and gets an (Andy) King-size slating.

To be fair the only time I ever see Kung getting slated is when reading Foxestalk 

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If I earned 5m (his reputed wage at Leicester) in a single year at any stage of my career, I guarantee that I would already be set up for life, let alone earning it for 3+ years. 5m or 7m wouldn’t make much of a difference.

Lol. So you’re saying given the opportunity you’d turn down a £5m-£7m pay cheque and the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in England alongside some of the best players in the World to stay at a club you’d been at for 5yrs that had gone as far as it could & had Craig Shakespeare as your manager?!?! 

• Like 2