Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

Saw both King and Simpson play for the U23 v Spurs...both fully committed...v good influence on the young players around them.

Simpson was as strong as ever defensively (albeit against youth team players) but you could see the frustration on his face every time he miss hit a forward pass. Andy King seems to have been around forever but hes still only 29..their chances here are limited but their are

many weaker players playing in the premier league

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He's been treated very fair it was spelt out to him at the start of July he was free to find another club.

If he's not in the managers plans and the manager tells him straight then I don't think you can be any fairer than that. 

The fact that he chose to stay here rather than take a pay cut to go and play elsewhere every week was his choice. 

There were at least 2 championship clubs ready to take him.

I hear what you're saying but it's not always as simple as that.

And his professional attitude in training, playing with the under 23s etc is a credit to him.

I would start him vs Burnley if they play 4 at the back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I hear what you're saying but it's not always as simple as that.

And his professional attitude in training, playing with the under 23s etc is a credit to him.

I would start him vs Burnley if they play 4 at the back.

Sadly let himself towards the end of last season. Probably a reason he’s not in puels plans while also not quite being good enough. Wouldn’t want him starting agains Burnley, very negative. 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Simpson's contract expires in the summer where he may well have better offers than the club demanding a fee.

I don't think it was a bad decision for him to stay, especially when one injury would see him back in the mix - which it has. 

But he’s going to have a season without playing football. That will surely effect the quality of teams interested in him in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Simpson's contract expires in the summer where he may well have better offers than the club demanding a fee.

I don't think it was a bad decision for him to stay, especially when one injury would see him back in the mix - which it has. 

The club were not asking for a fee. 

Simpson has been dross for a while.

We need a new RB badly at the moment but he's not the answer.

It's not surprising that nobody wanted him on a free in the summer. 

He's overweight and happy to take his wages until his contract expires.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Simpson has been dross for a while.

We need a new RB badly at the moment but he's not the answer.

It's not surprising that nobody wanted him on a free in the summer. 

He's overweight and happy to take his wages until his contract expires.

Have you weighed him?

It is obvious Puel wants to play with an attacking fullback, if Amartey is out  for a long spell and he doesn't want to play one of our younger players he could do worse than go for Palace's Aaron Wan-Bissaka , who looks accomplished in defense and is quick and skillful when attacking. It is rumoured  that Everton are interested, it would be good to beat them to him.

Guest Col city fan

My opinion on this is that Simmo and King probably stuck around for two main reasons. Firstly, their salaries. Which must still be substantial. But secondly to see whether Puel lasts the distance.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

My opinion on this is that Simmo and King probably stuck around for two main reasons. Firstly, their salaries. Which must still be substantial. But secondly to see whether Puel lasts the distance.

Could be true but even if Puel was to leave, I doubt they'd be in the plans with any potential future managers either. I really like both of them but we need to move forwards not backwards and they are sadly no longer good enough for us. I'd rather see the likes of choudhury given a chance as these kind of players are our future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Could be true but even if Puel was to leave, I doubt they'd be in the plans with any potential future managers either. I really like both of them but we need to move forwards not backwards and they are sadly no longer good enough for us. I'd rather see the likes of choudhury given a chance as these kind of players are our future. 

What about Darnell Johnson?

3 hours ago, Vulpine Victor said:

It is obvious Puel wants to play with an attacking fullback, if Amartey is out  for a long spell and he doesn't want to play one of our younger players he could do worse than go for Palace's Aaron Wan-Bissaka , who looks accomplished in defense and is quick and skillful when attacking. It is rumoured  that Everton are interested, it would be good to beat them to him.

Why would palace sell one of their best young players ??? And I doubt we could offer him much more than they can so I can’t see why he would want to leave 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 17:08, Vulpine Victor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the bigger clubs goes for Wan-Bissaka.

On 06/11/2018 at 17:08, Vulpine Victor said:

Looks like a good shout, reported Man City are after him so he must be useful. We'd need to move quickly if we're interested.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I feel sorry for him because he looks a good prospect. I'm sure if he got a start at RB he'd jump at it.

He was holding out on signing a new contract over it until fairly recently (though he’s since signed), I’m sure he’d play there in an emergency but if he sees himself as a CB fair enough.

Simpson like Fuchs is a fine player to have on the bench, but unlike Fuchs he gets a nose bleed at the half way line, he’s served us well but he doesn’t fit the system

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1