Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

8 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

So add a backup RB to the 'needed' list as well then. I really don't get this. He's a good defender. Obviously lacking going forward but I think we'll regret letting him go. He's a better option than Amartey in that position. 

Darnell Johnson is your answer.

Like many, was hugely sceptical when the lad signed at first. But didn't he prove us wrong. The amount of times I've watched as he somehow managed to get over to cover at LB. Seemed to be riddled with off the field issues, but as he spent time here, those seem to have gone or reduced. 

He may not have amazed, but Simmo was one of the most dependable players we've have in a while.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Regular in the title winning season team nothing more needs adding  .thanks Danny for being part of making dreams come true.

Solid right back, underated for many years, an unsung hero really, not just in the title winning season but he's been solid in the last 2 without getting much credit. Slated by many, slated by even more for strangling his ex misus but after that he knuckled right back down again (and his ex misus still says he's a great dad), did his job well, a true professional on the pitch, probably the best RB we've had at the club in the last 20 years. Admits himself he's no wingback, gave it a go and that's all you can ask. Bye Danny, I for one appreciate your time here. Good luck with the future! 

• Like 3

Just now, SecretPro said:

Solid right back, underated for many years, an unsung hero really, not just in the title winning season but he's been solid in the last 2 without getting much credit. Slated by many, slated by even more for strangling his ex misus but after that he knuckled right back down again (and his ex misus still says he's a great dad), did his job well, a true professional on the pitch, probably the best RB we've had at the club in the last 20 years. Admits himself he's no wingback, gave it a go and that's all you can ask. Bye Danny, I for one appreciate your time here. Good luck with the future! 

He's never had to play wing back, what's that go to do with anything ?

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's never had to play wing back, what's that go to do with anything ?

That's what's being ask of him now and Puel wanted him to play with more attacking style at the back end of last season. Simpson even came out and said he will try to do better going forward. So OK, not a true wing back, but attacking RB is clearly what we want. 

Edited by SecretPro

Anybody slagging him off is an idiot.

Didn't have the best of starts but managed to turn himself around and he turned into a fantastic player for us, great in the title winning season, one of a few players who stepped up in the season after, if it wasn't for Kasper being so good I'm sure Simmo would've won Player of the Season in 16/17.

Solid player and when it comes to defending the back post he's up there with the best.

• Like 4

Just now, SecretPro said:

That's what's being ask of him now and Puel wanted him to play with more attacking style at the back end of last season. Simpson even came out and said he will try to do better going forward. So OK, not a true wing back, bit attacking RB is clearly what we want. 

Unfortunately that's standard for most full backs now but I see what you mean

• Like 1