Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

17 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Mark Albrghton as a right back is ridiculous. He can't defend, despite his best efforts. We are a Premiership club with 7 subs available on the day. Not realistic.

Would suggest Albrighton at RB is only as ridiculous as Chilly at LB. In my humble opinion, they’re one and the same only on different sides of the pitch. Both would benefit more operating as WBs, but apparently we won’t/don’t play a back three. 

1 minute ago, Biggles22 said:

Would suggest Albrighton at RB is only as ridiculous as Chilly at LB. In my humble opinion, they’re one and the same only on different sides of the pitch. Both would benefit more operating as WBs, but apparently we won’t/don’t play a back three. 

Agree but whataboutery doesn't make Marko a sensible option at right back. Good point about wing backs though. Is my favourite system.

59 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Simpson is an infinitely better defender than Big Dan..

:D

And the thought of Amartey playing in some sort of wing-back style......:nono:

Simpson is a helluva defender who deserves plenty of credit for the job he does; however, you have zero credibility when it comes to assessing players.

• Like 1

I under Stan his short comings. Never special going fwd. But I don't see cover if he goes. I know he's nothing special but he's been solid since he won his place.

Not a player I want to lose atm. I think we have others that need to go first.

• Like 1

Just now, sylofox said:

I under Stan his short comings. Never special going fwd. But I don't see cover if he goes. I know he's nothing special but he's been solid since he won his place.

Typo of the day.  Bravo.  X

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Who’s Stan? :)

And what’s this about his short comings?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

eminem-stan.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I'm not totally surprised, the writing has been on the wall for a while now for Simpson. 

Best he moves on to get first team football, although I've no idea where he would go can't see him being anything other than backup for a premiership side.

You get the impression he loves the club, and he's been an unbelievable signing for us, reliable and ultra consistent.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Bad decision imo. Sorry but all I see is Puel shipping out big players in the dressing room to secure his own job. It’ll end badly if we are in trouble and we have no big characters to save us.

I'm sure you'll find another club pretty soon Danny. 

I think all those who to go the KP week in and week out know Simpson's limitations. He is not the quickest and his passing leaves alot to be desired BUT as a traditional RB he was very good. When ever he played I rarely gave him a mark below a 6/ 7. Not spectacular but solid. I can see why he is not a CP player. I wanted him to stay because as a RB as opposed to a wing back I still believe had a place in the squad.  As the owners have decided to stick with CP ( I strongly disagree) Danny leaves the club. I wish him good luck in the future and thank him for being part of the team that were able to make my dream of being champions of England come true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well I'm not totally surprised, the writing has been on the wall for a while now for Simpson. 

Best he moves on to get first team football, although I've no idea where he would go can't see him being anything other than backup for a premiership side.

You get the impression he loves the club, and he's been an unbelievable signing for us, reliable and ultra consistent.

i agree to a point. Never special. But hes been solid since he came in. Yes some mistakes. But hes one that won the league but got little respect.

Not sure we would have done it without him. He deserves more than he gets on here.

• Like 3

Just now, jock2612 said:

I think all those who to go the KP week in and week out know Simpson's limitations. He is not the quickest and his passing leaves alot to be desired BUT as a traditional RB he was very good. When ever he played I rarely gave him a mark below a 6/ 7. Not spectacular but solid. I can see why he is not a CP player. I wanted him to stay because as a RB as opposed to a wing back I still believe had a place in the squad.  As the owners have decided to stick with CP ( I strongly disagree) Danny leaves the club. I wish him good luck in the future and thank him for being part of the team that were able to make my dream of being champions of England come true.

The important thing is he knew his own limitations and stuck to what he did well - defending.

24 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Bad decision imo. Sorry but all I see is Puel shipping out big players in the dressing room to secure his own job. It’ll end badly if we are in trouble and we have no big characters to save us.

Puel, damned if he does damned if he doesn't. 

• Like 3