Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally can’t bring myself to say such words about the bloke. 

The beating of his child’s mother means he doesn’t deserve those words. Neither his constant need to show off his wealth on instagram either. 

We've all done things we regret and wouldn't like people to know about so he who is without sin............................

In fact my mother in law asked me why "I kept beating her daughter". I replied it was probably because I'm about 10 inches taller, five stone heavier, superior reach advantage and generally superior fighting skills. :D

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally can’t bring myself to say such words about the bloke. 

The beating of his child’s mother means he doesn’t deserve those words. Neither his constant need to show off his wealth on instagram either. 

Fair enough.  X

It's incredibly sad some of our greatest achieving players are now in an overmanned team that doesn't suit their style. It's still incredible that he helped us lift that trophy. That season and his role will live on forever.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It's incredibly sad some of our greatest achieving players are now in an overmanned team that doesn't suit their style. It's still incredible that he helped us lift that trophy. That season and his role will live on forever.

Amen to that...

Would keep him as back up for sure, but it’s obvious he’s not going to fit in Puel’s way of playing. 

As many people know I’m a massive fan of Simpson, a proper defender but in this day and age just not enough for what is required in a right back. He’s been really good for us especially in our title winning season and the champions league season. One of the best back post defenders I’ve seen play for us. 

He’ll always have a great place in our history. 

• Like 3

Unbelievable that people think Amartey, a converted right back from midfield converted from centre back, is a better right back than Simpson. When you see this for what it is, a cynical putsch by Puel to remove all disquiet in the dressing room, everything clicks into place. If Puel has a squad of drips willing to hang on to every word of his he’s happy no matter how bad they are.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Pearson had to clear out the dressing room to get a squad in his image, maybe we should allow Puel the same opportunity.

Difference is Pearson sees the benefits of strong people in the dressing room who have different opinions, that’s the sort of atmosphere he cultivates. Puel see’s opposing viewpoints as something to be stamped out. Two assistant managers have left in as many months and big characters like Schmeichel, Kingy, Wes, Simpson, all left exasperated by Puels egomaniacal ways.

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Difference is Pearson sees the benefits of strong people in the dressing room who have different opinions, that’s the sort of atmosphere he cultivates. Puel see’s opposing viewpoints as something to be stamped out. Two assistant managers have left in as many months and big characters like Schmeichel, Kingy, Wes, Simpson, all left exasperated by Puels egomaniacal ways.

I don’t think you can particularly say that for Pearson either. He excluded Danns, Mills, Beckford and DJ Campbell for prolonged spells. 

If Nige felt there was a bad apple, they’d be out. Maybe Puel’s identified the same. I believe the term Nige’s Sports psychologist used was a mood terrorist. 

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

NaPUELon.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Or Puel wants attacking full backs and Simpson isn't an attacking full back.

Would you have a player in your team and on a huge wage bill who doesn't play to your style and, if reports are correct, has turned up drunk before?

But when Puel sets fire to the Reichstag, blames the Communists, imprisons their leaders, imposes military rule and gives the Brownshirts legal authority I'll take it all back though.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Remember when Taylor got rid of Walsh and Cottee because he thought they were too influential in the dressing room?

Good decision by the club, in regards to cover if he doesn’t play the way Puel wants to set up, we will have to change the whole game plan every time h comes in. A artery and DJ both more than capable of playing the way Puel wants and can be used as cover.

I was one who thought he should have been sacked after the incident with his wife, I still stand by that. I respect the way he has put his head down and got on with life sicnce, but in all honesty I can’t say I will be sad to see the back of him. And yes I would say that of any of our players in the same situation.

• Like 1

I can't believe some of what I have just read. Pereira has just arrived for a lot of money and is clearly Puel's choice. A lot of people on here have been calling for a new right back ever since the end of the title season and now we have one. Obviously we need a back up if Pereira is injured or out of form but Danny has a few years left and if he wants to go somewhere where he is going to play every week that shouldn't be a great surprise. Oh and haven't some of the folks who have been repeatedly calling for a new right back also been critical of some of the squad who have been quite happy to take the money and see out their contract as a perpetual bench warmer.

Just seen Aus Foxes contri - I could say I might have been in the same situation myself and I admit I was sorely tried more than once but found I am not capable of doing what Danny Simpson is alleged to have done to his wife. Yes there were several incidents when the police were called and fortunately nothing came of any of it and I am glad all of that is now behind me.  He has moved on from what he did and so should we move on if Danny decides he wants to leave.

• Like 1

Solid full back and probably the best right back we've had since I've been watching the club every week. Been one of our most consistent defenders.

I'm not convinced with Amartey at all and would have Simpson as the cover.

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Let's not forget that two managers in the shape of Ranieri and Shakespeare, may also have left because of certain players alleged egomanical ways also.