Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Difference is Pearson sees the benefits of strong people in the dressing room who have different opinions, that’s the sort of atmosphere he cultivates. 

Which is why Mills and Beckford were given the short sharp one? Pearson was the complete opposite of that, and you know it full well - if you weren't pulling with the rest of the set up, you were gone under Pearson, regardless of name.

For someone who cannot pass the ball, run with the ball or cross the ball he has had a good career but with a preferred wing back style of play Simpson showed his limitations consistently last season. So, time to move on or retire.

Danny is a solid defender, but Christ you don't have to watch many of our games to see that so much of our play breaks down because of his inability to pass the ball. He doesn't fit in with the style we want, Amartey did a decent enough job covering right back last year.

In fact I seem to remember the people now slating Puel or getting rid of Simpson, were slating Puel for putting Simpson back in over Amartey (despite the fact he was injured).

• Like 4

Think it would be a great shame if he left, he's been an absolutely quality right back for us, was beyond superb for two seasons. The game against Southampton at home the year we won the league was as good a defensive performance by an individual I have seen let alone in a Leicester shirt. 

Yes he was limited attacking, but he was probably the best defensive fullback in the league for a year. If he does go like this, I think Puel's treatment of him is unsurprisingly grim, no way to treat a Leicester legend (all 14 of them are without a doubt legends)

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Pearson wanted to get rid of Simpson less than a year after signing him. You have absolutely zero knowledge of what sort of character Simpson is, zero knowledge of why people left the club, zero knowledge of the thoughts of players. 

Its just another boring attempt to stick the knife in, because you are so desperate for it to not work.

The Pearson I had in my mind (and had heard about from a couple of reliable sources) was of a man with a great sense of humour, but who took no prisoners and if you’re face didn’t fit, it didn’t fit. 

On no account did he give players lots of chances etc. If he didn’t see you fitting in, you could leave.

I don’t KNOW this, but it’s the impression I had of him.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Danny is a solid defender, but Christ you don't have to watch many of our games to see that so much of our play breaks down because of his inability to pass the ball. He doesn't fit in with the style we want, Amartey did a decent enough job covering right back last year.

In fact I seem to remember the people now slating Puel or getting rid of Simpson, were slating Puel for putting Simpson back in over Amartey (despite the fact he was injured).

I simply see Simpson as a better out and out defender. Super in a 4-4-2 where his role is to win the ball and give it to the fella on the right to do the attacking.

I have no idea what type of full back Amartey is? Defensively he’s suspect and I can’t envisage him in a Puel wing-back situation.

Unless he’s been trained to be the wing back reserve?

I also don't subscribe to this myth that he's a good defender. He's been at fault for countless goals since we won the league, gets far too narrow for a full back and gives people all the time in the world to cross the ball. One of the worst during Claudio's final throes. Does the odd back post header and people think he's ace. He's not. Carried him for far too long.

Amartey is just as good. 

17 hours ago, brucey said:

Albrighton still a nailed on starting winger for me. Miles above Gray/Diabate. Albrighton as RB cover feels a little like Ndidi as CB cover...

Unless we sign a quality winger that's certainly going to be the case. Puel isn't a fan of him but the others are not good enough atm.

*shivers*

To be honest we should got rid of him and others at the end of the season after winning the title, I think we now paying the price for having too many players surplus to requirement and not have strengthen the squad sooner, this season will be make or break. 

Edited by southfox66

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I simply see Simpson as a better out and out defender. Super in a 4-4-2 where his role is to win the ball and give it to the fella on the right to do the attacking.

I have no idea what type of full back Amartey is? Defensively he’s suspect and I can’t envisage him in a Puel wing-back situation.

Unless he’s been trained to be the wing back reserve?

Amartey looked fine when he's come in at right back, he'll always have a brain fart now and again but he's much more comfortable with the ball than Simpson. 

I'd have been fine with keeping him as he doesn't let you down. But if him going opens up space for something else we need as more of a priority, then so be it.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know 100% that Puel wasn't happy with his fitness towards the end of last season, bloke loves the sauce in all.

He's taken the piss the last year or so.

Goes to Dubai a lot and indulges in the party lifestyle. 

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

gets far too narrow for a full back and gives people all the time in the world to cross the ball. 

Now that's what I thought he was asked to do; play 'compact'. Morgan and Huth to deal with crosses, fullbacks to stay narrow so to invite it. We used to thrive under the cosh then spring from defence.

The game plan has (at last) changed under Puel and Simpson (as many have said) doesn't suit the new style. It's only fair to let him know and suggest he moves on. No disrespects, indeed quite the opposite.

I remember liking Simpson over de Laet at the time. At the time, he was - I thought - the better fit in our then machine. Now I think the same of Amartey. Times and styles change. I'd wish Simpson well.

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I also don't subscribe to this myth that he's a good defender. He's been at fault for countless goals since we won the league, gets far too narrow for a full back and gives people all the time in the world to cross the ball. One of the worst during Claudio's final throes. Does the odd back post header and people think he's ace. He's not. Carried him for far too long.

Amartey is just as good. 

He defends his back post well. However the amount of space he allows an attacker against him is huge. Mainly because he has little acceleration