Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

Simpson was superb for us especially during the title winning season. Yes he has declined. But under no circumstances does he deserve the stick he gets on here from so called Fans. 

His is private life does not detract from what he has done on the pitch for us. 

It maybe time for him to move on and I will always applaud him if and when he plays against us. 

Niw FT will need a new whipping boy for the season. Think Wes may get more stick then ever now 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

He'll be a good signing for any of the bottom third of the league.  Any club who's strategy is to stay in the EPL by not conceding goals could likely use him.

I think he’d struggle to get game time at any Premier League team these days. There’s not really a role for an entirely defensive FB anymore at this level. He’ll always be fondly remembered as a key member of our most successful team but he’s best off dropping a league or two IMO. All things must pass. 

27 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I think he’d struggle to get game time at any Premier League team these days. There’s not really a role for an entirely defensive FB anymore at this level. He’ll always be fondly remembered as a key member of our most successful team but he’s best off dropping a league or two IMO. All things must pass. 

Behave. 

7 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Behave. 

Keeps his options open - if the right Championship move isn’t available and he doesn’t fancy a move to another country, League 1 would be a viable option. Might be able to get more involved with coaching at this level if he was looking to move into that too. 

36 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Any team near the bottom come January who are conceding goals for fun would love a right back like Simpson. I agree he offers little going forwards but defensively he's very good. 

No chance he will be dropping two leagues lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Keeps his options open - if the right Championship move isn’t available and he doesn’t fancy a move to another country, League 1 would be a viable option. Might be able to get more involved with coaching at this level if he was looking to move into that too. 

He's a very good defender, good enough to play in a Premier league team who require a solid defensive RB. He'd be a very good championship player in a promotion hunting team. No way would he drop 2 leagues and I doubt very much he's thinking seriously about the coaching side atm. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

He's a very good defender, good enough to play in a Premier league team who require a solid defensive RB. He'd be a very good championship player in a promotion hunting team. No way would he drop 2 leagues and I doubt very much he's thinking seriously about the coaching side atm. 

Think he'd also suit any team wanting to play 3 at the back. He covers that back post very well and could be use on the right side of the 3. Enough teams play that system. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Yeh maybe. I guess we’ll find out in a few days. I think it’s fair to say that as a purely defensive full back he is very much a dying breed in this country.

10 minutes ago, cpeleicester said:

Do you actually understand football one of out most consistent performers never a world beater but one if out best defensive right backs 

Defiantly not a world beater. Can see Burnley or Cardiff wanting his services.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

On 03/08/2018 at 19:02, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

So add a backup RB to the 'needed' list as well then. I really don't get this. He's a good defender. Obviously lacking going forward but I think we'll regret letting him go. He's a better option than Amartey in that position. 

Amartey is young and is still improving, Simpson is not going to get any better and does not fit in with Puels style. We also have Johnson who is up and coming so no point having Simpson hanging around just clogging up the wage bill. Been a great player for us but time to move on both for his sake and the club. 

On 04/08/2018 at 06:58, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally can’t bring myself to say such words about the bloke. 

The beating of his child’s mother means he doesn’t deserve those words. Neither his constant need to show off his wealth on instagram either. 

I agree with this entirely.  I could never truly embrace him after he has shown he is capable of that kind of despicable violence.  Truly stomach turning.  He contributed to the club and deserves his Prem medal but that's all the praise he gets from me. Good to see us moving on.

I remember when he parked his Lamborghini in blaby without paying whilst doing community service and everyone (Leicester mercury) got mad. Quality player at a time we needed him and did his job well. May now be time to move on but he helped us achieve the unimaginable. 

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Simpson was superb for us especially during the title winning season. Yes he has declined. But under no circumstances does he deserve the stick he gets on here from so called Fans. 

His is private life does not detract from what he has done on the pitch for us. 

It maybe time for him to move on and I will always applaud him if and when he plays against us. 

Niw FT will need a new whipping boy for the season. Think Wes may get more stick then ever now 

Great post. Personally if there’s one player that really shouldn’t be an FT whipping boy, it’s Simpson. I think he’s parenially compensated for his limitations by putting his heart and soul into nearly every match he’s played for the club.

And all he gets on here by the usual suspects is abuse.

I think you’re right. It’ll be someone else now. My money’s on Gray or Diabate.