Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
abdul_fox

Simpson- Not in Puels Plans

Danny Simpson was one of the players that played a big part in us winning the league, so for that alone he won’t be forgotten.

Last season he struggled in the new system, where he needed to attack more, and you could see he would be replaced as he doesn’t fit with the Puel way.

Nice chap though, had a decent chat with him a year or so ago over a beer and he was a really decent and funny bloke.

Sad to see any of the title winning side leaving. But being sentimental in terms of just keeping players based on the past would be a recipe for disaster. He's done great for us though and won everyone over by his attitude in terms of how he will be remembered. Thanks for the memories Danny hope he finds a decent club where he can be first choice RB. Could still do a job for a few sides in the prem so someone will probably take him before the window shuts. 

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:03, wokinghamfox said:

You are talking about a premier league winner who has been fantastic for us in fact, a absolute bargain. Show a little more respect. !!

I mean him no disrespect, and he has been a fine player for us. I wish him well. My meaning was that he is no longer the player he was, and so in that sense, wont be missed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Danny Simpson is a very good full back, but a poor wing back.  Times he covered the back stick to stop a certain goal, always liked him, never gave anything less than 100% and was crucial in the title winning team.

That's good, because he's never been asked to play wingback 

15 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Yes but is amartey better then simo, dont think so! 

Simo has got 1 good season left in him yet and an experienced head is useful to have around. 

Amartey is better and we already have too many expirenced heads who don't do anything

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That's good, because he's never been asked to play wingback 

He was encouraged to go forward in a wing back fashion and he looked lost.

Horses for courses

Won the league with him a right back allowing Mahrez to roam and focus on what he was good at.

Pretty stupid at the time by Puel IMO, obviously no Mahrez now

19 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

He was encouraged to go forward in a wing back fashion and he looked lost.

Horses for courses

Won the league with him a right back allowing Mahrez to roam and focus on what he was good at.

Pretty stupid at the time by Puel IMO, obviously no Mahrez now

You do realise most full backs in the league are able to both attack and defend? Does not make it totally new position. The fact that Puel asked Simmo to venture forward and try to add something to our attacks, which he couldn't do shows his level. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You do realise most full backs in the league are able to both attack and defend? Does not make it totally new position. The fact that Puel asked Simmo to venture forward and try to add something to our attacks, which he couldn't do shows his level. 

I do realise thanks, but always helps to be reminded

Sorry I'm totally baffled here.

'That's good, because he's never been asked to play wingback'

As I understand a wing back is a essentially a full back who...

'venture forward and try to add something to our attacks'

I, like others im sure don't disagree with his inflexibility and linitation, you seem to be having a little quarrel with yourself

As much as i'm aware that Simpson is useless going forward, i'm still sad to see him go. He was the best defensive fullback in the prem for a couple of seasons and could still do a decent job playing in a 3 man defence, like Chelsea did with Azpilicueta. I hope Puel knows what he is doing throwing Amartey in at the deep end.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I do realise thanks, but always helps to be reminded

Sorry I'm totally baffled here.

'That's good, because he's never been asked to play wingback'

As I understand a wing back is a essentially a full back who...

'venture forward and try to add something to our attacks'

I, like others im sure don't disagree with his inflexibility and linitation, you seem to be having a little quarrel with yourself

Wing backs are a position used in a 5 or 3 at the back, a full back or right back are used in a 4. Ryan Bertrand, Leighton Baines and seamus Coleman are all right/ left backs. Just because they can effect the game further up the pitch does not mean that they play a different position. Stephen Ward is able to get forward, you wouldn't say Burnley play with wing backs would you? 

Wing backs and full backs are different, you seem to have confused yourself. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Unfortunately for Simmo the squad size isn't helping him. When you've got a player that is arguably better than you in your position (in Amartey) who can also play in the middle or at the back if need be, you're never going to get registered. 

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Unfortunately for Simmo the squad size isn't helping him. When you've got a player that is arguably better than you in your position (in Amartey) who can also play in the middle or at the back if need be, you're never going to get registered. 

Arguably being the operative word, Amartey hasn't show over a run of games he better than Simpson at RB, or even if he's a dependable option in the middle.

I think its the right way to go, but I not sure its because Amartey is better.

Simpson wouldnt have been my choice as one of the 1st out. I still think he has something to contribute, just not on a weekly basis.

If no one comes in for him and he isnt picked in the 25 man squad, what does that mean for him? He is stuck playing in the u23's until his contract expires?

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Simpson should start vs Burnley. Didn't put a foot wrong when he came on at Cardiff.

Ricardo isn't a conventional full back. Murphy gave him a torrid time yesterday.

I love the bloke to be honest. Up there with Albrighton for me with consistency and desire. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Simpson should start vs Burnley. Didn't put a foot wrong when he came on at Cardiff.

Ricardo isn't a conventional full back. Murphy gave him a torrid time yesterday.

I think that’s part of the problem - Puel doesn’t seem to WANT a coventional full back!

Edited by MPH