Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

43 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

He scored against Fleetwood.  Great.

So many low standards here to get people excited.

Sorry but my member needs a lot more stroking than that to even get a weep of jizz.

I've had my reservations prior to him signing for us and the jury's still out, especially given Ghezzal's goalscoring record in his past two seasons with Monaco and Lyon and the amount of money we've had to pay to get his services, when Monaco got him on a free transfer just a year ago.

But today's goal was a beautiful strike from distance. Yes, it was against Fleetwood, but even then you still have to make it count.

Here's to more to come.

• Like 2

He had a great game tonight. Great goal. Showed great control, passing and shooting and showed an ability to beat his man. That’ll give him some confidence and will keep the Ghezzal haters off his thread for a bit! 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He had a great game tonight. Great goal. Showed great control, passing and shooting and showed an ability to beat his man. That’ll give him some confidence and will keep the Ghezzal haters of his thread for a bit! 

Didn't see the game as working. Only saw the goal, which was a very good strike. Good to hear he had a decent all round 90 minutes, regardless of the opposition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Drinking is bad for your health, my dude

Only pulling your leg mate!

10 goals and 10 assists is quite a prediction, I sincerely hope you're right though. Given the furore when he signed, it would be great to see him have a really good season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Like some else has mentioned that goal goes in against any keeper in the world 

But does he get the same time and space against any team in the world?

I have been critical of this signing when he have spent £25m on a CB for the future and another reserve goalkeeper when the pressing and urgent need was to get a top quality right winger.  Ghezzal is not that, hence why we're playing a full back in that position.  

Having said that, his goal was a peach and I am delighted for him.  I want him to succeed and I want him to exceed expectations.  

My gripe was with the club for not pursuing a player a level or two higher than Ghezzal.  It doesn't matter if you take pains to point that out, people will refuse to listen (read) and purposefully misinterpret it as hate. 

Yawn.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

But does he get the same time and space against any team in the world?

I have been critical of this signing when he have spent £25m on a CB for the future and another reserve goalkeeper when the pressing and urgent need was to get a top quality right winger.  Ghezzal is not that, hence why we're playing a full back in that position.  

Having said that, his goal was a peach and I am delighted for him.  I want him to succeed and I want him to exceed expectations.  

My gripe was with the club for not pursuing a player a level or two higher than Ghezzal.  It doesn't matter if you take pains to point that out, people will refuse to listen (read) and purposefully misinterpret it as hate. 

Yawn.

I enjoy your posts and, for the most part, I agree with them. I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't interpret your posts regarding the signing of a more established player as any kind of hate. In fact, I would agree with the assertion. It was some of the more ludicrous posts when he signed that just completely wrote him off that were bad. I laughed at some of the quotes, the 'slow as turtle' quote being one of them, but I didn't completely write Ghezzal off and I don't remember you doing so either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Where’s the ‘Ghezzal Hate Brigade’ at? :ph34r:

I wouldnt say i was in the hate brigade i just wanted a more 'proven' talent.

That goal was beautiful though so i will give  absolute props to him for that. As i had mentioned i hope he continues to prove me wrong as he is here to stay.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Just as well, because I don't think he used his right foot once today.

Some quality touches, stroked it around and what an hit (first sighter wasn't far off either)

In Sky's highlights alone he crossed with his right for Iheanacho to hit the post with a header and he sets the ball with his right for the goal...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

You joke but if count training sessions, it's not that far off. 

Ah, you didn't set parameters with the original quote. Machination of the highest order :thumbup:

Joking aside, very pleased he had a good night. Pleased for them all really. I couldn't give a monkey's about the opposition. We are Leicester City, when you've witnessed cup exits to Harlow and Wycombe, among others, any 4-0 cup win is something to be pleased about in my book.  

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

I like him

Great attitude and you see a smile on his face both during and after games. Big respect for trying to speak English as well, because that will get us fans onside and that's key in being a success no matter where you go. TBH it's like Riyad in the Championship / First 2 Premier League seasons when he appeared happy to be here and part of the team. On Saturday he joined in with Maguire's celebration too and appeared to be part of the gang.

Good stuff Ghezzal!

Edited by StriderHiryu