Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Almost like I was exaggerating to make a point...

He eschewed using his right foot as much as possible, that was very obvious

This obsession with him being entirely one footed is wrong. He’s stronger on one foot yes and that groups him with 95% of the rest of the footballing profession who favour one foot over the other. Like Mahrez he prefers to play on the right and cuts in. In the past someone like Ryan Giggs who is also predominantly left footed played on the left for his team and was effective with one excellent foot. Not many players are totally two footed and they don’t need to be to be a quality player. 

28 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Why so negative though? Nobody is saying he is Messi, but he didn't have a bad game..

Dont bother mate. Certain people will criticise and moan unless our players produce world class displays. They feed off negativity. 

• Like 4

Delighted for him, his confidence must really be growing.

We all took the piss when he signed and someone posted that video of all his howlers but he’s looked decent so far...

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

What a promising display! I thought he was terrific and not just for his goal. He was a real threat throughout and put in some very nice passes. 

I’ve upgraded him from “Pound shop Mahrez” to “Marks and Spencer’s Mahrez” and hope he can reach the mighty accolade of “Waitrose finest Mahrez”.

A very nice surprise. 

Not ‘Man at C&A’ Mahrez then?

A promising start to his Leicester career. Seems to have settled in well and is playing some decent stuff and chipping in a few goals. Pleased for him as I was apprehensive about the signing. Hopefully he's on his way back to discovering the form from his Lyon days.

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not ‘Man at C&A’ Mahrez then?

I’m an eternal optimist but surely that kind of status is beyond the reach of mere mortals?

One day I’m hoping to be referred to as a “Harvey and Nics premium Col city fan” style of forum poster but recognise I need to hit the training ground hard and often to achieve that. :cool:

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Obvious comparisons to his fellow countryman who applied his trade here so successfully on the wing. I have to say I think he is a bit more physical than Mahrez, so that is a plus point. He certainly could quickly become our number 1 winger ahead of Gray and Albrighton IMO. 

• Like 1