Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

I was saying in the match thread that I still like him, but from the reactions of people around me last night, many are losing a bit of patience with him. He does muck up a fair bit, but at the end of the day he's already scored goals, he's created good chances for others, he's got back and made important defensive contributions... and he's only been here for five minutes. The guy is still catching up after not playing much last season, getting used to a new league, new teammates... I think our expectations are a bit too high!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I was saying in the match thread that I still like him, but from the reactions of people around me last night, many are losing a bit of patience with him. He does muck up a fair bit, but at the end of the day he's already scored goals, he's created good chances for others, he's got back and made important defensive contributions... and he's only been here for five minutes. The guy is still catching up after not playing much last season, getting used to a new league, new teammates... I think our expectations are a bit too high!

Sensible post and he's only going to get better as he gets stronger, Just like Riyad did.

Maybe he needs to drift around in a free role so he can impact the game and find space. Without space he is useless. Can’t beat a ban, can’t run. Once he is tightly marked he is incapable of doing anything other than pass backwards. 

But with space he might be able to turn with the ball, play a through ball to Vardy or have a shot on goal. I’m trying to be optimistic but he has been very disappointing. 

31 minutes ago, Shane said:

Maybe he needs to drift around in a free role so he can impact the game and find space. Without space he is useless. Can’t beat a ban, can’t run. Once he is tightly marked he is incapable of doing anything other than pass backwards. 

But with space he might be able to turn with the ball, play a through ball to Vardy or have a shot on goal. I’m trying to be optimistic but he has been very disappointing. 

If he can't beat a ban then he's no good to us! 

He is fine. Obviously it's frustrating we didn't have a marquee Mahrez replacement lined up as it was on the cards for years. But he had a decent game, some nice touches, Worked hard as well. Not a world beater but a decent addition to the squad. 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 3

Iheanacho has two goals and two assists from 350 minutes (equivalent of 3.9 games) so far this season. That's a goal contribution of fractionally over a goal a "game."

He's started four games of which we've won three, the odd one out being away at Old Trafford. 

The one game this season he's started with Vardy, we've won comfortably and they've assisted goals for each other. 

That's twisting stats a little bit and it's a small sample size so far this season but clearly putting him in the same bracket as Slimani, Musa and Diabate is ****ing stupid. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He seems raw, can do the basics but doesn't have much end product. Either way I still think he's got something to offer and he can only get better. 

Raw? He’s 26.... hardly a spring chicken in football age. He has nothing, the odd flick here and there doesn’t prove anything, he’s scored a goal but that hardly required an ounce of ability, more a case of being in the right place. He won’t succeed here because he isn’t very good, as many have said the French meadia and fans reaction to the sale tells it all. But I suppose the endless criticism of him is all “fake news”. He’s shit. Ricardo should play right wing, he along with Albrighton and Madders are our best creative players. 

He's hit and miss - does a lot well, particularly defensively, but then his final ball is either good (as mentioned he could have had four assists with better finishing from teammates) or might as well have been a clearance for the opposition. I'm hoping that's a case of not being on the same wavelength as his teammates yet, but for a bloke coming into his prime, he looks more like an erratic 22 year old

Showed an eye for a pass and goal in his first couple of games with a decent work ethic.

Not been so impressed though recently..

He can’t stretch the opposition defence as he has no pace whatsoever and lacks a trick or two to get a yard on the defender.

Constantly drifted infield last night and narrowed the pitch size, offering bet Little in the way of an attacking threat.

Not convinced, and no way should he start in front of Albrighton!

I like him. He's not a dribbler and he's certainly not quick but he has an eye for a pass and is technically good. And I don't understand people saying he lacks end product. In his few games for us, in addition to his 2 goals and a very good pen in the shoot out last night, he should have had about 4 assists, but for the poor finishing of others eg Albrighton at the back post last night. 

All that said,  I do think that following Riyad's departure we badly lack a top quality dribbler who can beat a full back. Gray has the potential to do that but is very hit and miss and genuinely lacks end product. And whilst I love Albrighton, dribbling is not his strength either. I'm not sure that Albrighton and Ghezzal complement each other as a pair for that reason. 

• Like 1