Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

He offers as much as Albrighton, and Albrighton would cost about £12-15m in this current market. 

I don't think he is overpriced. I just don't think he will give us the extra we need.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Three and a half years older, Ligue 1 experience and a full Algerian international.

Odd comparison - had to be expected, hadn‘t it?

Yeah and Diabate cost about £3m. These 2 aren't comparable.

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

He offers as much as Albrighton, and Albrighton would cost about £12-15m in this current market. 

I don't think he is overpriced. I just don't think he will give us the extra we need.

Exactly.  It just makes the signing all the more mystifying.  I think that most people were expecting a Mahrez replacement and it didn't happen.  That is not a criticism of the player by the way, but a criticism of our transfer policy. 

Perhaps Puel has decided to promote from within which means trusting Gray and Diabate and Ghezzal is signed as cover to give us four wingers (with Albrighton) that are all much of a muchness, although Gray did impress last night.  Or, he will play Ricardo in that role like he did for most of the game last night which then leaves us short of a right back.  I dunno.  It never crossed my mind that we would start the season without getting the best quality replacement for Mahrez possible.

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Three and a half years older, Ligue 1 experience and a full Algerian international.

Odd comparison - had to be expected, hadn‘t it?

It’s not an odd comparison. Both are left footed wingers so the question for me was is Ghezzal an improvement on the other left footed winger. I think he is.

17 hours ago, Koke said:

Not a patch on albrighton defensively 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ricey said:

It’s not an odd comparison. Both are left footed wingers so the question for me was is Ghezzal an improvement on the other left footed winger. I think he is.

Ghezzal performing better than Diabaté was pretty much a given, seeing that he's much more experienced, plus right wing is Ghezzal's natural position and Diabaté in his young career so far has mostly been deployed as a left winger and striker - although it's a bit early to tell based on 30 minutes only.

I’m not on board yet as I’m not sure he was the right player to buy but he’s here now and shows degrees of promise so he must be given time to adjust and get his pace and fitness up to LCFC standards.

I don’t think it was the right debut game for him on Friday and would rather have seen Albrighton on from the start and Ricardo playing as wing back but after the decision to play Amartey and being down in scoreline Puel kinda forced his own hand.

All I ask the manager for is the best players available to play in their positions. Round pegs in round holes please.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’m not on board yet as I’m not sure he was the right player to buy but he’s here now and shows degrees of promise so he must be given time to adjust and get his pace and fitness up to LCFC standards.

I don’t think it was the right debut game for him on Friday and would rather have seen Albrighton on from the start and Ricardo playing as wing back but after the decision to play Amartey and being down in scoreline Puel kinda forced his own hand.

All I ask the manager for is the best players available to play in their positions. Round pegs in round holes please.

I'm not sure it was the right time for his debut either. I'd argue he was at fault for not supporting Ricardo for Shaw's goal.

Also he kept coming too far in and balls or crosses sailed over him, where had he been wider he could have taken down and redistributed on the attack.

it's early days, and he's not been long with us, but I hope he'll integrate quickly.

I don't know how anyone can have an opinion on him yet. That said, this is a LCFC football forum and discussing players is what we're here for. This attempting to shut down any views about players/manager/club that are less than positive, is getting a bit boring now.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Koke said:

Well based on 30 mins, he doesn't. No way Albrighton would have let Shaw go for the goal.

• Like 1

other algerians player better than Ghezzal

Boulaya ( real Real Mahrez like) better than Ghezzal, play in Ligue 2 (French)

a lot of injury, but comback strong

And Ferhat

20 assists in Ligue 2, the last season

Edited by DesertFennec

1 hour ago, DesertFennec said:

other algerians player better than Ghezzal

Boulaya ( real Real Mahrez like) better than Ghezzal, play in Ligue 2 (French)

a lot of injury, but comback strong

And Ferhat

20 assists in Ligue 2, the last season

The transfer window is closed now, and we have our full quota of Algerians thanks...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

HE'S HAD 30 MINUTES.

He's had 150+ games.  His career didn't start on Friday night so he isn't an unknown quantity.

I think that it is reasonable to suggest that Albrighton has more defensive qualities to his game than Ghezzal but also more than most wingers, Gray and Diabate included.

• Like 1