Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

Wish the lad all the best and really hope he does well. If he is as one footed as implied he will need to work on strengthening his right foot so that he ican go to the right as well as cut inside to the left, otherwise will become too predictable. I’m sure it can be fixed with coaching and practice.

There's prob no chance this changes, he has had elite coaching, he is going to stay one-footed. That said, it is hardly rare in wingers, it happens quite a bit, and a fair number of players have done well being one-footed. Guys like Arjen Robben, Gareth Bale, Messi, Leighton Baines...

And before the first drunkard claims I'm saying he's comparable to Messi, of course not. I'm just pointing out that you can succeed being one-footed, as the people I listed + many others have shown. The reality is, yes, he likes to cut inside from the RW, but he can pass with his right reasonably well, so if we have the FB headed to the corner when he cuts inside, that can work well enough. 

And the reality is, that left foot is pretty exceptional.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vanity said:

There's prob no chance this changes, he has had elite coaching, he is going to stay one-footed. That said, it is hardly rare in wingers, it happens quite a bit, and a fair number of players have done well being one-footed. Guys like Arjen Robben, Gareth Bale, Messi, Leighton Baines...

And before the first drunkard claims I'm saying he's comparable to Messi, of course not. I'm just pointing out that you can succeed being one-footed, as the people I listed + many others have shown. The reality is, yes, he likes to cut inside from the RW, but he can pass with his right reasonably well, so if we have the FB headed to the corner when he cuts inside, that can work well enough. 

could be a surprise tooo some but another puel beauty for me  . might even end up our henry. a mc :ph34r::crylaugh:

Edited by waylander

7 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Ah, you didn't set parameters with the original quote. Machination of the highest order :thumbup:

Joking aside, very pleased he had a good night. Pleased for them all really. I couldn't give a monkey's about the opposition. We are Leicester City, when you've witnessed cup exits to Harlow and Wycombe, among others, any 4-0 cup win is something to be pleased about in my book.  

Not forgetting Exeter and Burton just to mention a couple more.

• Like 1

Seems a lovely guy. Looks like he will fit into a squad ethic, whereby we have about 5/6 nailed-on starters, and then everyone else is considered an option within that framework. I'm starting to think we could not have the Liverpool fixture at a better time (the absence of Vardy notwithstanding).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, the fox said:

All jokes aside, we have a player in our hands. He's not fast nor is he an elite 1v1 dribbles but he's not brain-dead. With time he can prove to be a quality starter. 

Think I said he will be a starter by the end of the year. Maddison can't be the sole creative outlet and a 2 Cam midfield behind Vards will prove to be a success. 

Didn’t look that slow to me?

12 hours ago, vanity said:

Favouring your left and cutting inside from the right is also a trait he shares with a certain Man City winger called Mahrez tbf.

16 hours ago, murphy said:

But does he get the same time and space against any team in the world?

I have been critical of this signing when he have spent £25m on a CB for the future and another reserve goalkeeper when the pressing and urgent need was to get a top quality right winger.  Ghezzal is not that, hence why we're playing a full back in that position.  

Having said that, his goal was a peach and I am delighted for him.  I want him to succeed and I want him to exceed expectations.  

My gripe was with the club for not pursuing a player a level or two higher than Ghezzal.  It doesn't matter if you take pains to point that out, people will refuse to listen (read) and purposefully misinterpret it as hate. 

Yawn.

Can we group you in the sub group ‘Ghezzal not a top quality winger’ group rather than the main ‘Ghezzal haters’ then? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Favouring your left and cutting inside from the right is also a trait he shares with a certain Man City winger called Mahrez tbf.

Absolutely, and on those occasions he went around the defender's left and found himself in the corner, he'd make the extra effort to get his body turned so he could bring his left into play. The reality is he is probably the best dribbler on the squad. Granted, I haven't seen him defending (barely "seen" him at all at Leicester) but if we are playing Ndidi and Mendy, one of them can slide over if Ghezzal and Pereira get caught fwd. Besides, we are getting more comfortable with three at the back, we can set the overload without too much worry, esp against some of the weaker squads.

• Like 1

Being a team player with half decent talent has it’s upsides. Even though we now have star players there don’t seem to be many egos in the squad. Given a lot of the team are on the younger side and are emerging as talents together, this can only bode well. 

This player seems to play with a smile on his face, gets on with it and looks genuinely enthused when we score. That’s a good player to have in your squad if you ask me and the goal he scored shows he has some ability too. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

I'm not sure why but he is one of those players I really really want to work out. Maybe it's because he has already been written off and I feel sorry for him or perhaps because signing Riyad's understudy only for him to have a better season would be hilarious. Hope he is given a chance on the right hand side in a few games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Couple of my posts were removed yesterday because I diverted from the seriousness of the topic, with a comment restriction sprinkled on top. 

Can't say I didn't have it coming. My only complaint is the removal of my "Ghezzal will get 10+ goals and 10+ assists this season" comment.

I wasn't trolling.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the fox said:

Couple of my posts were removed yesterday because I diverted from the seriousness of the topic, with a comment restriction sprinkled on top. 

Can't say I didn't have it coming. My only complaint is the removal of my "Ghezzal will get 10+ goals and 10+ assists this season" comment.

I wasn't trolling.

I noticed that was removed last night and I was surprised too. That was just your opinion on a player within a thread dedicated to said player. Very strange.

As for the first part of your post, I agree. I often respond to posts without even noticing the title thread. That can result in going off topic and removal of those is fair enough. 

Apologies if I have this wrong but you are Algerian aren't you? If so, was Ghezzal 'on your radar' whilst at Monaco? (if you're not, apologies for my mistake).

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I noticed that was removed last night and I was surprised too. That was just your opinion on a player within a thread dedicated to said player. Very strange.

As for the first part of your post, I agree. I often respond to posts without even noticing the title thread. That can result in going off topic and removal of those is fair enough. 

Apologies if I have this wrong but you are Algerian aren't you? If so, was Ghezzal 'on your radar' whilst at Monaco? (if you're not, apologies for my mistake).

Don't apologise. Yes I'm Algerian.  

Honestly, talking about Ghezzal, (his name means ghezzal. Crazy, right?) I rated him when he was at Lyon, he was creating chances like crazy and if we can bring that side out of him, we will have a great player. His set-pieces are very good and his left foot has power. He needs time to adapt to the league but as far as raw talent goes, he has it all covered. 

• Like 2