Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’m an eternal optimist but surely that kind of status is beyond the reach of mere mortals?

One day I’m hoping to be referred to as a “Harvey and Nics premium Col city fan” style of forum poster but recognise I need to hit the training ground hard and often to achieve that. :cool:

Sorry @colcitycolcityfan that made me genuinely lol ? nice one strider

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

His first touch is decent, his movement is decent, skill wise he's dangerous but I tell you what I fcukin love about this geezer is his team work. He's everywhere, defending and stay composed to start attacks and winning aerial balls against full backs and start attacks. As good a game as I've seen from a winger for a while. He's Puel's man and like Mendy you can see the confidence. It's great to see.

I agree with everything you said. I know there are comparisons to Mahrez, but if Ghezzal improves and maintains consistency, we'll end up with a player that is better suited to us in the long run. He may not be as quick as Riyad, but he's better at holding the ball without being muscled off of it, and he seems to be a better team player. If Puel can continue to motivate and get the best out of him, then we're laughing ourselves to the bank. Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Apologies if I don't proclaim the second coming because he scored against a League 1 second string and an open goal.

Nothing like an over-exaggeration to try and make a point.

besides, you’d be doing him a disservice if you restricted his whole efforts and performance to just one moment in the game.

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Decent game, looks comfortable and talent in the ball.

My only question mark would be he's not got much pace.

I know what you mean but think with wingers you need the right combo of pace of foot and pace of thought. We’ve had players either side of the equation over the years (Schlupp vs Knocky) and hopefully this guy has the right balance.

10 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I know what you mean but think with wingers you need the right combo of pace of foot and pace of thought. We’ve had players either side of the equation over the years (Schlupp vs Knocky) and hopefully this guy has the right balance.

Maybe, I just think we lack quality in those areas, Gray, Albrighton are hardly set the world on fire! We really need him to come good! 

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I put my hands up, I called him dog turd, and he is no where near that

Dont remember myself calling him dog turd like you but i was hoping for a more established player that had more to offer. Credit where its due the lads done fantastic for me given i wasnt sold on the deal. I hope he continues to do well, exude confidence and become the best he can be.  Once he signed i said id back him and here i am with  some amount of tail between the legs syndrome  lol early days but keep it up the good work Rachid.

Yeah I was impressed with him today. As @Ric Flair and @StriderHiryu have already explained, he looks a team player and perfectly suited to what Puel wants.

I think Gray, Ghezzal and Albrighton rotating for the wing spots is excellent. I'd be tempted to tend to start Albrighton more for the bigger games where his workrate is critical.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but he seems to have really good temperament too. Doesn't look phased at all and stays calm and doesn't get over excited. 

He reminds me of a FIFA 2012 animation as he struts around with no head movement and a face that shows zero emotion and rarely changes expression. He could be a cult hero going forward. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2