Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

Had no idea what to expect from him. Was a bit apprehensive that we had a bit of a misfit but so far so good.

After the highs of Prime 2015/16 Mahrez it was always going to be tough on his replacement but he has taken to the scene like a duck to water. Pace is a worry but on the ball he looks the part. Ball control is top drawer.

He has a big chance to establish himself over the next few weeks. Get Vardy in there to support him and we could make hay.

9 hours ago, rabahdz said:

The only bad thing about that video was the music ;)

In all seriousness, that's a great video, During the match I thought to myself "this guy has't put a foot wrong" and whilst I am sure he did make a few mistakes, that highlights reel confirms what I thought during the match - he bossed it! That was a fantastic display showcasing a wide range of assets such as strength, passing, scoring, and control. And that was against Liverpool, a team that reached the Champions League final last year.

Only one match, but great display today.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The only bad thinga bout that video was the music ;)

In all seriousness, that's a great video, Durning the match I thought to myself "this guy has't put a foot wrong" and whilst I am sure he did make a few mistakes, that highlights reel confirms what I thought during the match - he bossed it! That was a fantastic display showcasing a wide range of assets such as strength, passing, scoring, and control. And that was against Liverpool, a team that reached the Champions League final last year.

Only one match, but great display today.

He shown no panic,totally unloaded under pressure.quite positively laid back,but still full of intent and concentration

He didn't panic with the goal even with Maddison charging across him,and the ball bouncing uncomfortably high.

Like you say...one match..

Out of interest I wonder what Puel sees in him,compared to Diabate...are they in his mind equal...and just introducing his new

Signings to give everyone a bite of the cherry. Does the younger Diabate still need a bit more time...I have no thoughts on

who is better equipped,just think it's an interesting thought...

Nothing but positives for me after that match. Good to look back at that video. I missed the fact it was him who put Gray through, but looking back he could easily have had a couple of assists. Linked up with Ricardo great and seems to fit into Puel's system perfectly. 

Edited by rachhere

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Hard to see why Monaco fans ripped him down so much to be honest.

Monaco are a CL club with CL quality players. Ghezzal may turn out to be a good player for us though, but at Monaco he wasn't up to the standard required.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Had no idea what to expect from him. Was a bit apprehensive that we had a bit of a misfit but so far so good.

After the highs of Prime 2015/16 Mahrez it was always going to be tough on his replacement but he has taken to the scene like a duck to water. Pace is a worry but on the ball he looks the part. Ball control is top drawer.

He has a big chance to establish himself over the next few weeks. Get Vardy in there to support him and we could make hay.

Not when you play on the same side as Ricardo:thumbup:.

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

A new sweet prince.

More like a Baron De Mr Bean, he looks a bit ungainly but gets stuck in and can pass the ball, defend and shoot but still got booked for a beautifully comic body check/tackle that left a Pool player poleaxed :giggle:

Edited by ithuriel