Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

19 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Wow, I was really impressed watching it live but seeing all those clips makes me realise it was actually a stellar performance. 

I thought the same looking back. I thought his decision making was really impressive - kept it simple when needed, but also had the vision for creating good goal scoring opportunities. 

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His first touch is decent, his movement is decent, skill wise he's dangerous but I tell you what I fcukin love about this geezer is his team work. He's everywhere, defending and stay composed to start attacks and winning aerial balls against full backs and start attacks. As good a game as I've seen from a winger for a while. He's Puel's man and like Mendy you can see the confidence. It's great to see.

Bang on post , took his goal against Fleetwood excellently too  ,shrewd investment.

Pound for pound could turn out to be as good or better buy than Maddison.

Wonder if he could play a 10 if Maddison gets rested / injured suspended ?.I suspect so.

Edited by woollett the bullet
Drinking
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Let's not compare. He looks a very competent player, great pass, looks to advance play, shields the ball well. Bit lightweight yes but that side can be worked on. For me arguably our best player on the day. 

Don't think it’s wrong to compare necessarily, just not expect the exact same quality and strengths.

From what we saw against Fleetwood and Liverpool, he seems to have a decent technique and unlike Mahrez, has the strength required to tough it out if backed into a difficult situation. If Riyad was in some of the defensive situations Ghezzal was yesterday he would have been swiftly dispossessed. 

Far too early to pass proper judgement but if he can keep it up he seems to have the intelligence, strength and technique to make up for what he lacks in Mahrez’s wizardry, we’ll see though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark said:

Not convinced, as with Mendy he just appears ok and so one footed limits what he can do, crosses will always be a cut inside in swing

Compare his start at Leicester against Mahrez's start for Man City. Scored two goals, one which is worth of several replays. Could have had at least four assists (off the top of my head). Our concern at the start of the season was a lack of creativity, but we do seem to have the answers to that with him, Maddison and Ricardo. Now need to sort ourselves out defensively.