Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

I like how strong he is in possession. Looking at him, you'd think he blow over in the wind, but he shields the ball very well. 

I do think there was a drop off in his defensive work on Saturday though and that left us completely exposed on that side with the kamikaze Pereira approach. 

I think he keeps his place ahead of Gray, although I actually think Pereria is ahead of both of them as a RW and I expect Puel to go with that for next week, with Amartey back at RB and Albrighton coming in for Gray or Chilwell moving forward with Fuchs as LB. 

It's crazy to me that this will likely be the case, as opposed to changing the formation and getting our best players on the pitch as well as a system that plays to their key strengths 

50 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

He looks every bit the player I thought he would be, all blow no go, zero end product... will be shipped out when Puel gets the boot 

With a bit of luck he could have had an extra 4 assists in the last 2 league games (The Gray shot that was well saved, Wes Morgan not being able to sort his feet out 5 yards from goal, the Vardy through ball vs Bournemouth and also the cross that Ndidi could have scored from vs Bournemouth). 

Say what you want about Ghezzal but he’s creating chances for us, 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

With a bit of luck he could have had an extra 4 assists in the last 2 league games (The Gray shot that was well saved, Wes Morgan not being able to sort his feet out 5 yards from goal, the Vardy through ball vs Bournemouth and also the cross that Ndidi could have scored from vs Bournemouth). 

Say what you want about Ghezzal but he’s creating chances for us, 

If my auntie had balls, she would be my uncle! 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

What a great penalty and thought he defended well at times tonight. 

He looks such a solid reliable player, completely taken me by surprise but we have a real gem on our hands. 

Not been a fan the last few games going forward but defensively he's spot on and that peach of a cross for big nose to balls up tonight was good. He's very lethargic though which he needs to quicken up on in the final third, he's been ok though so far.

Best thing is he's come in and shown confidence, couple of goals is a bonus. He's no Riyad Mahrez and really at his age it's make or break right now, he has to come up with some of the goods this season and just roll with the expectation when we need something to happen.

Only critisisms I have is his weight of pass being too heavy on through balls, Vardy's 1on1 vs B'mouth being the prime example, and his first touch not being great(suppose it's my heightened expectation being used to Mahrez stroking them out of the sky with his laces/toe)

He's predictable. On the right he constantly cuts in. On the left he whips it early. The crossing is generally decent, nothing other-worldly - bar the odd exception - and he doesn't have the pace to work himself a half yard. Defensively he does his bit covering the RB but doesn't contribute much when we switch to a high press.

Sides have figured out how to deal with his attacking threat and if he wants to get more game time he'll have to (1) work harder still on making a pest of himself, chasing everything down, doing the sort of dirty work Savage did years ago, or Albrighton does now and (2) work on his other foot. He simply doesn't have the flair and certainly not the pace to be able to get by doing what he's doing now.

If Gray's going to be out for a while, we should be looking at three from Albrighton, Maddison, Iheanacho, Pereira (whatever we do, don't let him defend) as the '3' in a 4-2-3-1. Ghezzal may well be a very useful impact sub, and there's no reason why he can't continue to develop his game from there.

6 hours ago, inckley fox said:

He's predictable. On the right he constantly cuts in. On the left he whips it early. The crossing is generally decent, nothing other-worldly - bar the odd exception - and he doesn't have the pace to work himself a half yard. Defensively he does his bit covering the RB but doesn't contribute much when we switch to a high press.

Sides have figured out how to deal with his attacking threat and if he wants to get more game time he'll have to (1) work harder still on making a pest of himself, chasing everything down, doing the sort of dirty work Savage did years ago, or Albrighton does now and (2) work on his other foot. He simply doesn't have the flair and certainly not the pace to be able to get by doing what he's doing now.

If Gray's going to be out for a while, we should be looking at three from Albrighton, Maddison, Iheanacho, Pereira (whatever we do, don't let him defend) as the '3' in a 4-2-3-1. Ghezzal may well be a very useful impact sub, and there's no reason why he can't continue to develop his game from there.

Flair for me comes in so many ways. The way he dispatched an almost perfect penalty but then turned and couldn't afford a smile and looked like he was thinking what he was going to have for supper just melted my heart. 

It goes beyond the actual football for me sometimes. There's something just very special about his whole personality. I can imagine him scoring the winner in the FA cup final and absolutely losing it, just that one time, and it going down in history as the calm guy who lost it that one time. 

Suppose i'm blabbering on now but I find him fascinating. 

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Flair for me comes in so many ways. The way he dispatched an almost perfect penalty but then turned and couldn't afford a smile and looked like he was thinking what he was going to have for supper just melted my heart. 

It goes beyond the actual football for me sometimes. There's something just very special about his whole personality. I can imagine him scoring the winner in the FA cup final and absolutely losing it, just that one time, and it going down in history as the calm guy who lost it that one time. 

Suppose i'm blabbering on now but I find him fascinating. 

I find it fascinating we had two years to replace Riyad and our creativity extended to "well Algerian wingers must be good, are there any more where he came from?" 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1