Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I've found Ghezzal to be decent without setting the world alight.

Think he's a totally different player to Mahrez. Clearly he's not as technically good (who is?) but he's stronger, better in the air and genuinely good defensively.

If he wasn't Algerian the correlation wouldn't me made in the same way that people expect more of Mendy because of Kante.

He's what i'd have expected from a 10m winger at this level.

But he doesn't have any pace and is so one footed. You can get away with one of the above if you don't have the other one as well.

We'll see what happens. Can see him being good against poorer teams because he has some ability but the better teams will find him so easy to defend against.

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

But he doesn't have any pace and is so one footed. You can get away with one of the above if you don't have the other one as well.

We'll see what happens. Can see him being good against poorer teams because he has some ability but the better teams will find him so easy to defend against.

Juan Mata has been one of the best wingers in the league over the last 7/8 years and he has no pace and only uses his left.

There's more to it than that.

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Juan Mata has been one of the best wingers in the league over the last 7/8 years and he has no pace and only uses his left.

There's more to it than that.

Not really a winger and I've seen him use his right plenty. That's what helps to make him unpredictable. So far Ghezzal cannot go on the outside. I'm not completely writing him off and he's been alright so far, I'm just not convinced he'll be great.

20 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Outstanding effort today, coping with playing in front of MIA.

Was a bit pants going forward, but the defending was probably the most important thing, and the peno was class.

Still had one cleared off the line and his cross for Albrighton on a plate 6 yards out was sublime.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah okay sure chief no problem. 

That and he's largely been garbage. 

I didn't want us to sign him, I said he was shit, quite vocally and quite frequently. It was based partly on having seen him but mostly on the MOUNTAIN of anecdotal feedback from French fans and the MOUNTAIN of statistical evidence that highlighted how much of a bang average career he's had. 

Then he rocks up here with the speed of a sloth, unable to actually beat a man and generally just being pointless. 

I want him to succeed, he's all we've got especially if Gray is hurt. I've kept quiet up until now because as soon as he signed I said I'd be positive and wish him the best. ****, I'd much rather be wrong on the Internet and have Leicester win. I'm not one of these retards hoping he's crap just so I can say I told you so. 

But early signs are that the MOUNTAIN of French fans who have seen him play FOR YEARS knew more than a few hopeful optimists on foxestalk who knew nothing about him. What are the odds on that!?!? 

I like his size, I like his hold up play, I like his strength and his willingness to tackle if someone is a short jog away from him. Defensively he's an improvement on Riyad. 

But as an attacking threat? Our new ****ing right back is better for christ sakes. 

Ricardo isn't a right back, from what we have seen so far. lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Not good enough for the Premier League...he'll spend most of the next 3 and a half years of his contract on loan before being released on a free transfer.

This is bang on. Might get a cup game and possibly a goal or two (maybe even a screener) but he’s dog.