Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

11 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I wouldn't say that he dropped some big clangers defensive wise today.

He also tidied up the clangers of others and stepped in defensively on a number of occasions.

I thought he had a great game.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I think they are frauds actually (one is from Yorkshire and one Scotland). Anyway, It's Somerset. Have you ever been to Ashton Gate or Yeovil (yes, I was there on that Tuesday night).

You are correct, Somerset. Yes, I have been to Ashton Gate. Ever since that time always had a soft spot for Rovers.

11 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Today we had 4 21 year olds in Ndidi Maddison Chilly and Kelechi, Gray at 22, Ricardo at 24 and 3 games into Premier league career, Amartey at 24 and very little football at RB consistently and Mendy, who’s only run of Prem games came at the horrendous run late in Ranieri’s time in charge.

This group isn’t going to pull up trees every week and they’ll all have disappointing games but I can’t look at the above and not be enthusiastic about the direction the squad is taking with the likes of Barnes, Choudhury, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Johnson in the wings for the next couple of years.

Crikey what a great post, superb. I'll get me coat. Say no more. :appl::appl::appl:

Edited by Bunyip

23 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Today we had 4 21 year olds in Ndidi Maddison Chilly and Kelechi, Gray at 22, Ricardo at 24 and 3 games into Premier league career, Amartey at 24 and very little football at RB consistently and Mendy, who’s only run of Prem games came at the horrendous run late in Ranieri’s time in charge.

This group isn’t going to pull up trees every week and they’ll all have disappointing games but I can’t look at the above and not be enthusiastic about the direction the squad is taking with the likes of Barnes, Choudhury, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Johnson in the wings for the next couple of years.

What about tactics? Game Management etc, what you have stated are just excuses, CP has had a transfer window to execute expectations set by the owners, this is what mattees, not hyperbole about why we fail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

What about tactics? Game Management etc, what you have stated are just excuses, CP has had a transfer window to execute expectations set by the owners, this is what mattees, not hyperbole about why we fail.

But we’ve only failed in perceived expectations by excitable fans. Not results.

The rest is hyperbole 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Against Man Utd in the third game of last season our average age of the starting XI was 28, today it was 24.4 with an English nucleus of the team. If that doesn't make you excited/hopeful then I don't think Claude Puel will ever convince you. We're totally transformed from a year ago, yes we're not setting the world alight but the results are coming and these young players are only going to improve. Even if we went and lost the next 8 games and Lord Claude got the sack, he's still put us in a much healthier position, something we needed to do 12 months earlier. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1