Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

i wasnt at the game so you may have had a better vantage point, but to me he was quite poor on the ball. i see he did tick things over to a small extent however i think he played it too safe and lost the ball a couple times anyway. Plus seemed caught on his toes while receiving passes.

I stand by he wasn't excellent though 

9 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Another positive is we won against a Southampton side mark Hughes said played brilliantly today. Well he has earned millions managing in the Premiership and has even been linked to us so must know what he is talking about :jawdrop:

lol No they're in trouble, heads dropped after our equaliser and Mark Hughes has to largely be at fault for the current state of Stoke.

Lemina looks a very good player after looking weak and uninterested last season, Bertrand seems like a good egg and Redmond's a threat but Hoedt, Hojbjerg, Long & McCarthy are bellow par; Elyounoussi didnt impress much either but early days. It's a strange one really, I liked them when they went up with Lallana, Lambert ect. but season on season of selling their best players and jumpstarting the system every season is clearly taking it's toll, Hughes was a desparate appointment to stay up but I can't think of who can go in and change it now apart from Allardyce.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Otherwise known as being proper shit.

Yeah he hasn’t really impressed me since he’s been here to be honest. But we shouldn’t write him off just yet.

I’d like us to sign another striker in January or next summer, to compete with Vardy/Iheanacho. Ollie Watkins has been impressive so far this season and seems Vardy esque with his pace and power.

53 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The feckers are still moaning though Wortho. Prem is tough and winning away ugly is beautiful for me ?

too right blue.

human nature or foxes talk nature?

can't you at least find a young member of the team to slaughter  for us not winning 7 nil away?

or even better, drone on about how you don't like the managers voice.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

He had no service first half, it was poor all round. Second half he was much more involved and actually came off when he was looking sharper. Maddison and gray were worse today 

Oh yeah Maddison was honking today. Mendy played well, as did the back 4 but everyone else really wasn’t very good.

Iheanacho constantly looks like a bad fit with us wanting everything on a plate.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I'm beginning to wonder whether we should have loaned out Iheanacho and kept Slimani.

Sounds more like that was attitude related more than ability but either way we are massively lacking a plan B.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

too right blue.

human nature or foxes talk nature?

can't you at least find a young member of the team to slaughter  for us not winning 7 nil away?

or even better, drone on about how you don't like the managers voice.

Totally , realistically we weren't great but there were some good performances and some positives from a very young team! I don't think we're that far off from being a really good side.

I am liking the way the transition is taking shape and I am confident in Claudes coaching to bring out the best in the young guns.

Looking forward to the season ahead.

Nacho wasn’t great today but he was excellent in preseason against good opposition. I think he felt the pressure today though knowing he has to take his chance or Vardy gets his place back. He was playing well at the back end of last season but Madders has taken his place, which I think is the correct decision because he’s better at linking the front 5.

Puel played Gray up top near the end and he did more than Nacho today. Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes that way versus Liverpool because his work rate is high and he did a good job linking play. 

It will come together. Have belief. Vardy and McGuire would have pushed for a move if it was that bad. It’s a young squad which is at the moment grinding out results. Look at the talent we have in our squad . Two of the best premiership  players in the last 3/4 years weren’t in our team yesterday from last year  ( vardy, mahrez ) but we won. Foxes never quit!!