Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

I didn't understand this match at all. 

Our midfield and attack seems want a draw as soon as Southampton down to 10 men. There's no pressing at all. The opposition defender are freely to pass around 

Somehow our defence and goalkeeper wants a win. Keep quickly taking free kick, throw in, and goal kick. 

Puel is quiet mostly. I only seen him one say twice like 'ho! Hoo!!' followed with disapointed 'ho' then turn back. 

What's going on here? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

patience isnt some LCFC fans virtues, 

pretty sure some of our fans already want the next manager out too and we havent even got one yet:ph34r::rolleyes:

Nah, think some want Puel sacked the moan about any possible replacement demanding the likes of Klopp or Pep come in and moan about everybody else. The trick is to want with a passion Puel to fail then want anybody else being brought in to also fail. Cannot believe any Puel supporter thinks we are anything like being the finished article and however dull and boring the football may be, 2 goals per game by and large is a very decent return. When of course the EPL change the rules of the game and success is based on entertainment and  not putting the ball between those sticks rethink  but until then  why not go with what we have and look as the positives with these younger players coming through

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Nah, think some want Puel sacked the moan about any possible replacement demanding the likes of Klopp or Pep come in and moan about everybody else. The trick is to want with a passion Puel to fail then want anybody else being brought in to also fail. Cannot believe any Puel supporter thinks we are anything like being the finished article and however dull and boring the football may be, 2 goals per game by and large is a very decent return. When of course the EPL change the rules of the game and success is based on entertainment and  not putting the ball between those sticks rethink  but until then  why not go with what we have and look as the positives with these younger players coming through

spot on there for me, i think some of our fans forget some of the utter dross we have had in recent past, likes of Megson, Kelly etc,

Im by no means a Puel fanboy or anything, but i can see the direction he wants to take us now with the players weve brought in and hw we are playing at imes, as the saying goes Roma wasnt built in a day

Not sure if anyone has noted this but madisons goal last week was down to mike dean playing an advantage and Harry’s yesterday with moss allowing play to continue after albrighton was fouled.......  you don’t need var for things to even themselves out ........ it just takes 4 years + !!!!!

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... this isn't his position.! 

Vardy suffers the same with a lack of service. He will never be good in this role as leading the line is not his game. He is not. Vardy's cover and should never be viewed as such. 

His problem is, Maddison now occupies the middle of the three upfront, that is where Nacho started to look the part. Although not a number 10 he needs to be central but behind the main striker. 

He is playing out of position and you can only judge with that caveat. 

You make interesting points,but Nacho was brought has a striker,and not the Modern style n010,as you rightly state.

i look,at the present PL no1 team,man city,then try and take our players,or any other who I might be interested in,and see where they may fit,

Into the Mcity set up,when chosen,or then if no comparability decided,the following top teams...

I don't see,in this last 3 seasons,Nacho in any position compilation for Mcity or following clubs. Why??  

He as a player has not yet found a total position-fact of his own....even reserve/fringe players know what they want and then play for it.

Nacho just hasn't really been given a chance,through his football life,to say that position is mine,it's not his fault,it's

Just he's got to be allowed to lock in "his" position .

Plus our 2 most forward players need a far better  higher quality service,that's  one reason I would like to see Vardy and Nacho play together,so he has a confident knowledgeable striker next to him,to help build his own

Epitoir,and confidence.!!   I do believe we are failing him,yesterday the guy got nothing,young players can't feed off only 1-2 chances,

Like Aguero,Vardy. etc

Edited by fuchsntf

Think people are being overly negative.

Grinding out wins when Vardy is out is no bad thing.

We all know he's the difference between being a struggling side in a relegation battle and challenging for 7th. Sometimes you just have to battle through games without him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Haha, i'm not sure. Is it possible it happened in a cup game once? Against Chelsea i remember him soring a couple, then we lost in extra time

Yeah, I think you’re right. Led the line against Chelsea and had a brace in the first half but we lost anyways. I want to say this was 2015-16 but I can’t be bothered to look it up at the moment. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Yeah, I think you’re right. Led the line against Chelsea and had a brace in the first half but we lost anyways. I want to say this was 2015-16 but I can’t be bothered to look it up at the moment. 

16/17 league cup third round.

45 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Think it was the season after we won the league

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was working, so I watched the match via the match thread, so to speak. And that was.............entertaining.

Thus, I can offer little except to add the names of Richard & David Attenborough, John Deacon and Jon Lord. If you don't know who Jon Lord was, then you might care to enrich your lives a little......(apologies if this is considered derailing)

What position does he play?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The start to this season was always going to be finely poised, I felt we could easily lose vs Man Utd and Wolves come to our gaff and do us and then we'd be facing the possibility of going the first 4-5 games without a point.

We have 6 points from 3 games, so Puel has got exactly the sort of start he's badly needed if he is to stay at our club. The football for the most part has been frustrating and familiar but there's very little point in getting too worked up about it yet. This is ourely jockeying for position now. The real litmus test is how we build on this start. 

We can't continue to play poorly and pick up results, there's a common myth that the sign of a good team is winning when playing badly. What it actually means is, you can't play well every single game but you've got a winning mentality and a very good side so the momentum keeps on going. Us winning these games when playing horribly is only acceptable if we back it up with some good performances down the line and some further wins. 

So far this season our striker and number 10 have spent large parts of the games completely isolated. For a team who are supposed to now dictate possession, it's slightly worrying. If we can't get the ball to our playmaker then we simply have to change our tactics. This is something I expect to see rectified otherwise Puel's vision is pointless. Maddison is a gifted player and although opposition will do everything possible to nullify him, we have got to be knocking on the door constantly through him. It opens up space for the rest of our team to get forward. 

The subs yesterday were the most baffling I've seen from Claude to date. It made absolutely no sense regardless of the outcome of the game. On what planet, when we were on the ascendency and a man to the good was it a positive move to bring Maddison and Gray off? We needed to press home our potential advantage with more firepower. It was already odd enough by taking Iheanacho off before they had a man sent off. 

I still think we will have way more balance throughout this team with a formation change to 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3. I'd struggle to stomach us not trying this when we have all 5 centre halves fit and raring to go, 6 if you include Amartey who would suit the RCB role if he were included.

There are some positives so far though from individuals and partnerships building. Chilwell looks very powerful so far, he's still riddled with a lack of end product but he's progressing and I doubt Fuchs can compete with him now anyway. Ricardo is very effective going forward and the hope he is builds an understanding with his team mates and he'll get better and better. Maddison is massively talented and working his way in to our system, and his bond with Gray and Chilwell is only a good thing.

Mendy looks like a new signing and works well with Ndidi, it could be a masterstroke from Puel. Iborra and/or Silva's days are likely to be numbered. I don't see Iborra being happy not to even make the bench, a deadline day move back to Spain? 

I'm excited for this squad to develop, I just hope we have a brave enough boss to get the best out of them. He's got the right ideas and methods but just nervous he's not quite got the ruthlessness to see it through. 

why are we trying to dump already our only experienced cover.???  Subs. Always a matter of opinion,which cuts 2-3 ways.

I like the post..other those 2 points.We all see it ...the takeout teams,se?actions from different perspectives.

i still see Iborra And Silva still playing major roles,well into next season...I for the 1st time am worrying over Ndidi,if we can see him,expand

his game,I don't believe a defensive midfielder,can only play stopper,and breaker,distribution is a must,if only safe passes,to build on.

This is where Iborra and Silva in their 2nd season can expand into the PL,supporting not only Ndidi,but also Mendy.

,After /behind Maddison,as playmaker,we need someone (with cover)to grab hold of midfield,or we won't be competing for top 10,chasing just top 7.

30 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Yeah, he was especially crap when he created the first goal.

Were you there? 

As for creating the goal, yep fair play but does his cross actually reach Gray without a touch or two from the defender?