Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This was the same last season too, but we still don't do it nearly enough and why I do not know because the team has been completely overhauled (so we can't blame it on players with poor technique anymore). When we do it, we create our best moves and look good, but we only do it like 10% of the time. You're right in that most of the things Puel is gesticulating from the sideline are around this point and you often hear him shouting "one touch!" "forwards!" and "go!" but our players then take two or three touches and pass it sideways! I think it's a confidence issue and players don't want to be the one to lose the ball so choose the safe pass rather than the first time pass that opens up the opposition.

If we nailed down this part of our play we could get 7th, but I don't think we will quite master it this season. As a club we have literally never played a high passing percentage style so it's going to take a while to get used to it. As Claudio would say "slowly, slowly" :) .

Exactly this. It reminds me of watching England. The players seem to be playing for their places (which is always case I suppose) but some play like they have no freedom. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Small players have a low centre of gravity and good balance in the main... but have you ever seen Okazaki play before?? 

He doesn’t need fouling to be on the floor. 

He thinks it's the quickest way to get home...Japan is directly under Leicester longitude...:P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

To young to remember lineker in a city shirt, but someone needs to get Okazaki some stabiliser. ? 

I reckon Shinjis family,are profi mud-wrestlers....He's worried the wrong photos will get back home...

• Haha 1