Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Another very average performance, Puel's is so negative.

Bloke should do the lottery, because we have ridden our luck in the last two games.

Agree with today, but not sure we were lucky against Wolves.  Yeah they hit the woodwork a few times but lets be fair, we deserved the win.  We controlled that game without being brilliant. Thats different to being nothing but lucky.

He's waiting for new signings to get up to scratch and playing to our strengths with what he has on the pitch.... and we're still winning! 

Performance wise, and selection wise, I don't expect to see his preferred team out there until after international break.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Awful game but if you come out of it with the points I’m not overly bothered. 

Maguire was good even before the goal and Mendy is the surprise hit of the season so far. Thought Ghezzal had some nice touches and passes, want to see him start and Ricardo to play full back. 

this

You sexy slab head :worship:

Crap game for the majority but in some ways it was a bit like last week, took us a while to get going, had to wait much longer for our first goal this week but when it came it gave us all the confidence.

Maguire, Chilwell and Mendy the stand outs today.

Gotta love a last minute smash-and-grab :D 

Edited by kingfox

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If you think that was acceptable, you're a moron. We shithoused that and the game before against Wolves. Can't keep on playing shit and winning

I enjoy us winning but I am concerned, keep hoping we will turn the corner but yeah, concerned because shit housing wins when playing not that great eventually catches up with you.

Hopefully though, we do turn that corner, fingers crossed.

Just now, bfox said:

Starting a game with real intent and confidence needs to be addressed immediately before it starts to bite us in the arse. However, you really can't complain about wins away from home. Good work lads! 

The players recongise this they just interviewed Maguire and he said the same that we need to start how we play when we go one down

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If you think that was acceptable, you're a moron. We shithoused that and the game before against Wolves. Can't keep on playing shit and winning

2nd half of the title win we did. We gonna win the league again.

• Like 1

I for one see today as not only three valuable points, but as a sign that we can win ugly. Good teams do that. 

Just out of interest. If we play like we did today for the next three and a bit months, but are sixth in the table at Christmas, do we think that people would still moan? 

• Like 1