Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Can't believe people on here would rather moan than celebrate a last-minute shithouse.

ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY YOU BORING CVNTS.

Truly spoken like someone that cares more about the song sheet than the team sheet. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I do hope Puel is still in the process of creating his dream puelball team which will fight for that 7th place spot or even higher and play some good football right from the starting whistle and what we're watching is not a finished product yet... 

A lot of people on here seem to think we are already... just because we won today. I can't just look at the result, the performance in large parts was poor

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

everybody has a go at Morgan and Amartey for being poor on the ball but for me Ndidi is by far the worst his inability to pass the ball 10 yards cost us the 1st goal and very nearly a 2nd when Hojberg decided to dive.

Very true. It's abysmal. As is his shooting. He has his uses but I worry every time he tries a pass in his own half. 

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

A lot off people on here seem to think we are already... just because we won today. I can't just look at the result, the performance in large parts was poor

Agree. I mean, it drives you crazy to see us suddenly turn it on when we go down. We did this repeatedly last season as well, it is bizarre how soft we are until a goal is scored on either side. Same against Wolves until they gifted us a goal, suddenly we could play. Today the opposition scores and suddenly we can play. Just weird. But obv we are all delighted with 3 points.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There will be many on here that will be very negative after that performance and they would have every reason to be concerned. Just like last season, for a long part of the match we were poor, couldn't string passes together and created nothing. Amartey was getting rinsed down our right hand side and their goal inevitably came from Redmond who had a great game for them.

But our goal completely changed the game and we woke up...

The same as last week.  As soon as we got the fluke OG we started playing.  JV's red changed the game but we were much better after scoring.

Annoying that we have to either concede or score before we start to play.  Might be nerves or pressure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I do hope Puel is still in the process of creating his dream puelball team which will fight for that 7th place spot or even higher and play some good football right from the starting whistle and what we're watching is not a finished product yet... 

Well he's doing alright seeing that at the mo we are 7th

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Maguire said it himself, why the hell we don’t play with the same intensity from the start, why wait to go one down 

This right here is problem numero uno. We did it all last season too! I was hoping we would improve in that department, because once we get into the game we control it quite well and make chances. Summary of today's game - dogshite for 60 minutes, undeserved goal, controlled the game, shithoused the win after undeserved goal number two. But 3 points is 3 points!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Very true. It's abysmal. As is his shooting. He has his uses but I worry every time he tries a pass in his own half. 

This is the strategic weakness of Mendy paired with Ndidi I think. If we have Silva in there, he is a moving target for Ndidi plus he is taking some of the responsibility for passing the ball out of the back. Though Mendy looks good defensively, so I understand why Puel plays him, Puel is at his core a defense-first manager. 

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

This is FoxesTalk mate. People would still moan if Puel personally knocked on their door with the PL trophy and a unicorn shitting out £50 notes.

That's a bit rich given your post on the match thread. 

Saying that I do agree with you entirely, if only you'd made that point in your original post - which you didn't. 

Criticising the dullness of our performance is understandable, but let's face it Southampton were pretty hopeless. A draw would have been a fair result but it's all about seizing the opportunity, which Maguire did brilliantly.

Good win, both sides were poor. Even though we snatched it we deserved it for Hojbjerg's horrific dive to put them down to ten men.

Even with 11 though they didn't look like scoring much in the second half. We didn't have much other than Chilwell driving forward. Missed Vardy's runs.